Are you interested in starting your own business? Then the FastTrac® NewVenture program might be just right for you.
The Michigan Small Business and Technology Development Center (MI-SBTDC) is currently offering The FastTrac® NewVenture program, an intensive, 10-week program that helps those contemplating starting a new business, evaluate business opportunities and develop an action plan for owning your own business.
Written by entrepreneurs for aspiring entrepreneurs, FastTrac® NewVenture” offers essential business information to help potential small business owners develop their entrepreneurial skills and build a business on a strong foundation. Potential small business owners attending this training gain knowledge necessary to make critical decisions about their business and strategy.
FastTrac® NewVenture” provides the opportunity to:
- Objectively evaluate your concept and plans for moving forward
- Begin building an infrastructure for your business operations and processes
- Understand how to access the human, financial and business resources, to build an actionable business plan.
FastTrac® NewVenture Program attendees will:
- Ten weekly 3-hour sessions.
- Industry and market research assistance.
- Small group activities and hands-on coaching during each session.
- MI-SBTDC consultant assigned for individual assistance outside of sessions.
- Text and online training materials are from the nationally recognized FastTrac® New Venture™ program proven through use with thousands of businesses.
- Entrepreneur guest speakers.
Potential small business owners who qualify may be eligible for a $600.00 scholarship for FastTrac® NewVenture training. The normal cost of the training is $700.00. Out-of-pocket expenses for scholarship awardee will be just $100.00, thanks to a grant by the Michigan Economic Development Corporation. In order to become eligible to apply for the scholarship, participants will receive a special orientation to the FastTrac® NewVenture Program. If admitted, you will receive a $600 scholarship for this special state supported 10-week business planning program.
Potential small business owners who are interested in taking the course must first attend a FREE Pre Business Research /Orientation Class scheduled for mid-December at Tech Town in Detroit and at the Oakland County Business Center in Waterford. This class will assist the budding entrepreneur in learning where and how to access resources as they develop and refine their business plan.
At the “Register for Training” dropdown menu and click on the training calendar to enter required information.
Classes for orientation begin in mid-December and seats are filling up quickly. You can register on-line at: www.misbtdc.org or you can contact the Michigan Small Business and Technology Development Center at (734) 487-0902.