1. Erebus 4 Story Haunted Attraction in Pontiac Prices vary throughout the week (Monday through Thursday – $23, Friday and Saturday – $28, Sunday $25). All Walgreens locations will also be selling tickets with a $3 discount. Erebus is at 18 South Perry Street in Pontiac. For complete ticketing information and a calendar of hours of operation, visit Erebus at www.HauntedPontiac.com.
2. Boating & Outdoor Festival The Boating and Outdoor Festival will be taking place at the Lake St. Clair Metropark September 20, 2012 through September 23, 2012. You will find boats, ATV’s paddleboards, canoes, kayaks and much more all for sale. There will also be product demonstrations, exhibits and special attractions. Tickets are $7 for those ages 12 and older. For more information please visit http://www.boatingandoutdoorfest.com or call (800) 932-2628 or (586) 463-4581.
3. Comedian Kevin Hart, ‘Let Me Explain’ Tour Date & Time: Saturday, September 22 at 8:00 PM Price: $75.50, $65.50 and $45.50 reserved Doors: 6:30 PM More Info: Special Superfan seating is also available.
4. You’ve Been Framed Join the Detroit Institute of Arts every Friday in September for its Drop-In Workshop, You’ve Been Framed. Create small picture frames using markers, gel pens and more to hold your favorite photos. The workshop begins at 6 p.m. and is free with museum admission. For more information, visit http://www.dia.org.
5. Painting With a Twist Office hours: Monday – Friday 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Party studio available 7 days a week from 10am-10pm call to check availability This is a great place to have fun with your friends, or meet new friends; relax or just let your hair down and be you; or simply discover your inner artist. Bring your favorite bottle of wine or beverage, and paint along with our artist to create your own work of art that you will take home at the end of the evening. Class Prices: $35 per person for a 2 hour class and $45 per person for a 3 hour class. Family Day and Senior’s Day are $25 per person for a 2 hour class. Call 248 850-7182 to make a reservation http://www.paintingwithatwist.com/
6. Battle of the Brains Presented by Great Lakes Trivia Saturday Sep 22 – 7:00PM WWW.GREATLAKESTRIVIA.COM
7. Detroit Design Festival returns Sept. 19-23 The 2012 Detroit Design Festival will take place at venues along the Woodward Corridor, from Downtown Detroit to New Center, and in various neighborhoods throughout Detroit. The festival will feature dozens of Design Happenings, including installations, performances and workshops. Additionally, this year’s festival will be programmed in concert with the London Design Festival and New York Urban Design Week. For more information visit www.detroitdesignfestival.com.
8. Learning bus tour for Social Workers Thinking Fresh About Detroit – Food Issues and Concerns* with Linda Yellin, LMSW and Core Learning, Inc Community Partners: Eastern Market Corp., Gleaners Food Bank, ROC – United, Earthworks Garden Price: $109.00 (5.0 CE Clock Hours Certificate, program material, lunch, bus) Friday: September 21,2012 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
9. Tigers Vs. Twins at Comerica Park Sept 21 at 7:05p; Sept 22 at 4:05p; Sept 23 at 1:05p Go Online to Tigers.com for ticket information
10. Meet Your Best Friend at the Zoo September 22, 2012 – 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The Michigan Humane Society and the Detroit Zoological Society will host Meet Your Best Friend at the Zoo from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 22, and Sunday, Sept.23, at the Detroit Zoo in Royal Oak. Hundreds of adoptable dogs, cats, puppies and kittens will be available for immediate adoption from MHS and more than 20 additional organizations at the largest off-site pet adoption event in the country. There is no charge for admission or parking for this event, which is held under tents in the Detroit Zoo front parking lot, beneath the signature water tower, located at 8450 W. 10 Mile Road in Royal Oak. For more information, please visit http://www.michiganhumane.org/ZOO or call (248) 283-1000.
To submit your event to the Weekend 10, email Michigan Chronicle Web Editor, AJ Williams at: AJ.Williams@MiChronicle.com