Weekend 10: October 26-28
1. 10/26 2 Days in New York Don’t miss the opportunity to see 2 Days in New York playing at the State Theater from Friday, October 26th-Thursday, November 1st, 2012. The comedy starring Chris Rock and Julie Delpy will be playing at 4:45 and 8:45 but at 6:45 on Tuesday and Thursday. Tickets range from $7-$10. For more information and to purchase tickets, visit www.michtheater.org.
2. Zoo Boo October 26-28 @6pm Detroit Zoo in Royal Oak The Detroit Zoo hosts this annual event, which lets little ones trick-or-treat along a half-mile trail – with dressed characters handing out goodies. $7/ages 2-plus (advance), $10/at gate The Detroit Zoo 8450 W. 10 Mile Road Royal Oak, MI
3. 10/26-28 Hallowe’en Halloween Event at Greenfield Village in Dearborn Step into a world of witches, goblins and headless horsemen in this old-fashioned event. Times are as follows: Friday-Saturday: 6:30 a.m. -9 p.m. Sunday: 6:30 a.m.-8 p.m. Note: Tours leave every half hour. COST: Free with admission: $15/ages 5-plus, free/under 2, $5/parking LOCATION: Greenfield Village 20900 Oakwood Blvd. Dearborn, MI Call 313-982-6001 or go online to http://www.thehenryford.org
4. 10/26-28 Welcome to the Colored Section at the Liberal Arts Gallery in Detroit Oct 26, 2012 to Nov 16, 2012 6:00 pm until 10:00 pm Welcome To The Colored Section is a look at how these artists express their heritage, history, spirituality, relationships and even existence through their creativity. The show presents the works of some of Detroit best up and coming, unknown and self taught artists, poets and craftsmen. Cost: Free LOCATION: Liberal Arts Gallery 3361 E. Gratiot Ave. Detroit, MI SPONSOR: Liberal Arts Gallery, Poor Man’s Art Collective PHONE 313-671-7983 CONTACT NAME: Geno Harris
5. Deadly Intentions Haunted House in Warren Sep 21, 2012 to Oct 31, 2012 8:00 pm This event occurs weekly on Sunday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. The Deadly Intentions (formerly Deadland) Haunted House is back for one last season. Prepare to be scared by this multi-level attraction. COST: $15/adults, $8/kids 48 inches or under LOCATION: County Line Antique Flea Market 20900 Dequindre Road Warren, MI Call 248-376-3459 or go online to http://www.deadlyintentionshaunt.com for more information
6. 10/26 Pistons vs. Hawks @ 7:30 pm Palace of Auburn Hills Price: go online to http://www.palacenet.com for ticket information Doors open at 5:30 PM
7. 10/27 Extreme Monster Truck Nationals @ 7pm http://www.extrememonstertrucknational.com The Palace of Auburn Hills Price: $40 VIP, $25 reserved and $15 general admission Doors open at 5:30 PM More Info: Special Family Four-Packs at $120 VIP and $80 reserved are also available. VIP seating includes preferred seating, a pre-show VIP party to see the trucks, meet drivers, get autographs and take photos. Special group discounts are also available. Those in attendance will have the opportunity to take a ride on a real monster truck before, during intermission and after the show.
8. 10/26-28 Mary Poppins at the Fisher Theatre in Detroit EVENT DATE/TIME Oct 23, 2012 to Oct 28, 2012 DESCRIPTION A stage performance with everybody’s favorite nanny. No children under age 5. Show times are as follows: Tuesday-Friday: 7:30 p.m. Saturday: 2 and 7:30 p.m. Sunday: 1 and 6:30 p.m. COST: $40-$95 LOCATION Fisher Theatre 3011 W. Grand Blvd. Detroit, MI 313-872-1000 http://www.broadwayindetroit.com
9. 10/27 Legends of Rap return @ 7:30 pm Legendary rappers Rakim, Doug E. Fresh, Slick Rick and Big Daddy Kane come to the Masonic Temple on Saturday to commemorate the 25th anniversary of Eric B and Rakim’s album Paid in Full. Log on to http://www.themasonic.com for more information.
10. 10/27 World Series Returns to Detroit @8pm The Tigers face the Giants for their first home game of the World Series. Go online to Detroit.tigers.mlb.com for an attempt to purchase tickets or check out the local bars for World Series watch parties.