“Except the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that build it.” Psalm 127:1
New Mt. Moriah Missionary Baptist Church of Highland Park, MI established in 1952, is seeking a spirit filled candidate, called of God, to fill the position of full-time Pastor and to serve as the spiritual leader of its congregation.
New Mt. Moriah Baptist Church is in need of a pastor who will be responsible to God and the church, will proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ, teach the Bible, provide Christian leadership in all areas of the church, and engage in pastoral care of the congregation. Also, the pastor is to be responsible for the overall leadership of the day-to-day operations of the church, services, membership and promoting the spiritual interest and growth of the church.
The Minimum Qualifications for the new pastoral position is listed below:
• Bachelor’s Degree consisting of a strong concentration in Theology/Biblical Studies
• Must be ordained
• Five (5) years of Pastoral experience
We are asking that all interested and qualified persons must submit an initial candidate package consisting of copies of the following information:
• A New Mount Moriah Missionary Baptist Church Application which can be found on the Michigan Chronicle Praise Connect website____________________________________.
• A current resume which includes a summary of relevant ministry, professional, and educational experience.
• Copy of ministerial license and ordination certificate
• Copy of degree(s)
• Four recommendation letters (at least (2) clergy)
Please submit the initial candidate package by mail to:
New Mount Moriah Missionary Baptist Church
Pastoral Search Team
13100 Woodward Avenue
Highland Park, MI 48203
The deadline for all information to be postmarked or submitted is: September 30, 2013.
Any candidate package postmarked after September 30, 2013, will not be considered.
For additional information/questions, please contact the church office at: (313) 869-0190 or via e-mail at email@example.com
(All information submitted will be treated as “confidential)”. Additional information may be requested and/or required. Final Candidates must consent to a reference check, criminal history background check, drug test and credit and financial History review.