Six women found George Zimmerman, 29, “not guilty” on all charges for the shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin and the slain teen’s parents have spoken out about the verdict:
“God blessed Me & Sybrina with Tray and even in his death I know my baby proud of the FIGHT we along with all of you put u [sic],” tweeted Tracy Martin. “Thanks to everyone who are with us and who will be with us si [sic] we together can make sure that this doesn’t happen again. Even though I am broken-hearted my faith is unshattered I WILL ALWAYS LOVE MY BABY TRAY.”
Lord during my darkest hour I lean on you. You are all that I have. At the end of the day, GOD is still in control. Thank you all for your prayers and support. I will love you forever Trayvon!!! In the name of Jesus!!!
The jury of six White women deliberated for 16 hours and 20 minutes — over the course of 2 days — before ultimately deciding that the life of a Black, unarmed teenager means nothing in the United States of America.
- ^Tracy Martin (twitter.com)
- ^Sybrina Fulton (www.twitlonger.com)
- ^Zimmerman Not Guilty Verdict: Defense Wins By Putting Holes In State’s Case (newsone.com)
- ^Zimmerman Found Not Guilty In Trayvon Martin’s Death (newsone.com)
- ^Rachel Jeantel: ‘Trayvon Was One Of Few Guys Who Didn’t Make Fun Of Me’ (newsone.com)