Cast members on “The Preachers of L.A.” have been criticized for being flashy and having big, rock star personas. So would the show be better, more realistic, if you threw a storefront preacher into the mix? Roland Martin and Rahiel Tesfamariam, founder of Urban Cusp explored that scenario on “NewsOne Now” with Roland Martin. As Tesfamariam noted, a typical church has a congregation of about 70 people. Not that the makers of the Oxygen show are out to reflect reality, she adds. “When you put a show like that on that network,” Tesfamariam said, “I feel we already know what this is going to be about… They’re filling a quota.” Do you agree? Listen to the full exchange below, and tune in to “NewsOne Now” with Roland Martin weekdays at 10am EST.
- Get to know this year's 40 under 40 winners
- The Michigan Chronicle's Comedy Contest - Win Tickets to the Comedy Get Down
- The Parade Company Announces Thanksgiving Day Parade's Star Studded Line-Up
- Thanksgiving Free Fare Day to return
- Six famous Black families honored at Legacy in Motion
- U.S. Rep. John Conyers to announce re-election campaign