Quiet as it’s kept, Kelis attended and graduated from Le Cordon Bleu Culinary School so her latest business venture makes perfect sense! During the Beverly Hills Food & Wine Festival, the “Tasty” singer introduced “Feast,” a savory new line of sauces. According to Kelis, “Feast,” is a celebration, via your tastebuds:
At Feast, we want to celebrate life. And we want to do it daily. The most joyous, the most memorable, the most nostalgic moments in our lives…often times occur during a feast. Weddings, birthdays, reunions, first dates, proposals…festive food is inseparable from our most precious moments. At Feast, we believe that these moments shouldn’t be limited to only once or twice a year. At Feast, every day will be a celebration of life, love and happiness. Every day will truly feel like a special occasion. Every day will be a holiday.
As an admitted foodie, I really love sharing my obsession with others. Kelis’ love of food stretches back a few years. During an interview with the Times, three years ago, Kelis admitted to being a sauce genius while she was in school. “Anything with a sauce involved, I flourished. I learned the basic French sauces like a beurre blanc or a bordelaise — really basic, classic French red and white sauces,” Kelis says of her love of all things sauce.
She continued. “It’s also about eating and figuring it out myself. As a chef, if I can taste something I can basically figure out what’s in it. I have my own take on green coconut curry and a ginger-sesame marinade.” Is your mouth watering yet?
Because Kelis shared photos of herself basking in the excitement of her “Feast” launch, I decided to peek through her Instagram for more signs of her foodie ways. PS–Kelis also has a Tumblr page dedicated to her love of food, travel, fashion and music.
Check out Kelis’ best foodie moments from her Instagram:
LIKE HelloBeautiful On Facebook!
- ^Kelis Releases New Music — Are You Feeling It? (hellobeautiful.com)
- ^Feast (instagram.com)
- ^Feast (www.facebook.com)
- ^Why This Hair Potion Is A Must-Buy (hellobeautiful.com)
- ^CHAT ‘N CHEW: What Does The Travel Channel’s Newest Star, Daym Patterson Think Of Tres Carnes’ NYC BBQ?! [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO] (hellobeautiful.com)
- ^During an interview with the Times (tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com)
- ^her Instagram (instagram.com)
- ^PS–Kelis also has a Tumblr page dedicated to her love of food, travel, fashion and music. (sausageandboots.tumblr.com)
- ^Permalink to: Pharrell Thanks Kelis For Her Fashion Influence: She Changed My Style (hellobeautiful.com)
- ^Permalink to: Kelis Reveals Hows She REALLY Feels About Her Ex-Hubby Nas (hellobeautiful.com)