Put away your trusty summer playlist — the White House just released two, one for day and one for night, hand-picked and curated by none other than the President of the United States.
On Friday morning, the White House joined Spotify to give the nation a peek into what
is listening to while vacationing in Martha’s Vineyard. President Obama
And we learned quite a bit from the day and night playlists. First thing’s first, President Obama loves Beyonce (“Superpower,” a melodic record featuring Frank Ocean, is on the president’s night list). But hey, he’s an American. Who doesn’t love Beyonce?
He’s also a connoisseur of classic records like “Ain’t Too Proud To Beg” (The Temptations), “Rock Steady” (Aretha Franklin), “Gimme Shelter” (Rolling Stones), and “My Favorite Things” (John Coltrane). And even though you’d expect the president to stick to the classics, he’s made space for some conscious rap artists on his list too, including Mos Def and Nappy Roots.
Who knew? But then again, we do know the president loves to dance. Remember
You can check out the two 20-song playlists
And stay tuned — according to the
White House, they’ve got a “lot more to come, from issue-specific playlists to songs selected by other people,” in the presidential mansion. We can’t wait.
SOURCE: White House, Spotify | PHOTO CREDIT: Giphy
Obama Pens Letter To NYT Slamming Attempts To “Turn Back The Clock” On Voting Rights
Happy Birthday, Obama! Check Out The President’s Best Instagram Moments During His Last Year As Commander-In-Chief
Obama’s Best Instagram Moments During His Last Year As President
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Two step! President Obama dances with his half-sister Auma Obama and President Kenyatta at a state dinner during his first trip to Kenya.
1 of 25
2. Seriously, how much more down to earth can Obama and the First Lady get? Here they are rocking their alma mater t-shirts in the White House one morning.
2 of 25
3. WINNING! The exact moment President Obama heard that the Supreme Court upheld the Affordable Care Act.
3 of 25
4. Presidential Perfection! The First Family poses on the White House lawn on Easter Day 2015.
4 of 25
5. Just like us! The president swats a fly in the Oval Office.
5 of 25
6. Someone needs an umbrella. The president dodges a rainstorm as he addresses supporters in Nashville.
6 of 25
7. The president does his best “Charlie’s Angels” impression with an ensign at the U.S. Coast Guard Academy commencement in New London, Conn.
7 of 25
8. Anything you can do, I can do better. President Obama crawls around with Ella Harper Rhodes, daughter of Deputy National Security Advisor Ben Rhodes.
8 of 25
9. Presidential high fives for all!
9 of 25
10. Like seriously, who doesn’t like pizza?
10 of 25
11. Checking Twitter, perhaps? #AskPotus
11 of 25
12. The real presidential advisors.
12 of 25
13. Two peas in a pod. The president and Joe Biden always have each other’s backs.
13 of 25
14. Who’s got the power?! President Obama poses with another ensign at the U.S. Coast Guard Academy commencement.
14 of 25
15. Who wants to play the president in a game of basketball? Obama talks with students and law enforcement officials at a sit-down discussion at a New Jersey Salvation Army Community Center.
15 of 25
16. Joking around with “Gronk,” aka New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski.
16 of 25
17. Family affair! The president, the First Lady, and presidential dogs Bo and Sunny speak to a crowd at this year’s Easter Egg Roll.
17 of 25
18. Are you covered? Obama puts health first…but doesn’t he always? #Obamacare
18 of 25
19. Who knew our president was the “baby whisperer?”
19 of 25
20. It’s never too early (or late) to shoot some hoops in a suit.
20 of 25
21. Green tie. Must be St. Patrick’s Day.
21 of 25
22. Who said presidents couldn’t have fun at bars? Obama throws darts at an Atlanta tavern while waiting for his interview with VICE to begin.
22 of 25
23. Word is, President Obama is an avid tea drinker. Here he is sampling some Ethiopian coffee at the National Palace in Addis Ababa. Talk about authentic!
23 of 25
24. Boys will be boys.
24 of 25
25. We imagine Bo is politely asking POTUS to go out for just one more walk. Please??
25 of 25