A jovial Vice President Joe Biden glad-handed with admirers while ticking off ways to fix income inequality during an appearance Monday at a Labor Day parade in downtown Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, fueling speculation that he could be gearing up to seek the Democratic presidential nomination. According to Reuters:
Biden, 72, looked energetic and eager. He jogged back and forth across a downtown Pittsburgh street to greet people who met him with cheers of “Run Joe Run.”
He seemed to be genuinely enjoying himself as he snapped selfie photos and waded into the crowd to shake hands.
Biden is conflicted about entering a Democratic race for the November 2016 election dominated thus far by Hillary Clinton, the party’s favorite, and self-described socialist Bernie Sanders.
Attempting to capitalize on feisty rhetoric that has marked the summer’s tumultuous political season, Biden’s talk offered a likely preview of the labor message he would deliver on the campaign trail if he decides to run for president in 2016, according to CNN. He especially noted the wage differences between workers on Wall Street and those in steel mills.
“I am hot. I am mad, I am angry,” Biden roared as he bemoaned the way workers have been “clobbered” in recent years, and vowed to fight to ensure a share for the middle class of the profits the rich have enjoyed from rising productivity….
“Why in God’s name should a man or woman working in a steel mill making $50,000 pay a higher rate than someone that makes tens of millions of dollars a year on Wall Street? I mean, I am serious.”
Do you agree with Biden and do you think he will jump in the race? Sound off in the comments…
SOURCE: Reuters, CNN | PHOTO CREDIT: Twitter | VIDEO CREDIT: NDN
Face-Off: Serena Williams Will Play Her Sister Venus In US Open
4 Reasons Ben Carson Is Winning Big With Mostly-White Republican Voters
Don’t Miss Our Hottest Stories! Get The NewsOne Flip App for iPhone: Flip, Skip — Or Send Us a Tip!
Obama’s Best Instagram Moments During His Last Year As President
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Two step! President Obama dances with his half-sister Auma Obama and President Kenyatta at a state dinner during his first trip to Kenya.
1 of 25
2. Seriously, how much more down to earth can Obama and the First Lady get? Here they are rocking their alma mater t-shirts in the White House one morning.
2 of 25
3. WINNING! The exact moment President Obama heard that the Supreme Court upheld the Affordable Care Act.
3 of 25
4. Presidential Perfection! The First Family poses on the White House lawn on Easter Day 2015.
4 of 25
5. Just like us! The president swats a fly in the Oval Office.
5 of 25
6. Someone needs an umbrella. The president dodges a rainstorm as he addresses supporters in Nashville.
6 of 25
7. The president does his best “Charlie’s Angels” impression with an ensign at the U.S. Coast Guard Academy commencement in New London, Conn.
7 of 25
8. Anything you can do, I can do better. President Obama crawls around with Ella Harper Rhodes, daughter of Deputy National Security Advisor Ben Rhodes.
8 of 25
9. Presidential high fives for all!
9 of 25
10. Like seriously, who doesn’t like pizza?
10 of 25
11. Checking Twitter, perhaps? #AskPotus
11 of 25
12. The real presidential advisors.
12 of 25
13. Two peas in a pod. The president and Joe Biden always have each other’s backs.
13 of 25
14. Who’s got the power?! President Obama poses with another ensign at the U.S. Coast Guard Academy commencement.
14 of 25
15. Who wants to play the president in a game of basketball? Obama talks with students and law enforcement officials at a sit-down discussion at a New Jersey Salvation Army Community Center.
15 of 25
16. Joking around with “Gronk,” aka New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski.
16 of 25
17. Family affair! The president, the First Lady, and presidential dogs Bo and Sunny speak to a crowd at this year’s Easter Egg Roll.
17 of 25
18. Are you covered? Obama puts health first…but doesn’t he always? #Obamacare
18 of 25
19. Who knew our president was the “baby whisperer?”
19 of 25
20. It’s never too early (or late) to shoot some hoops in a suit.
20 of 25
21. Green tie. Must be St. Patrick’s Day.
21 of 25
22. Who said presidents couldn’t have fun at bars? Obama throws darts at an Atlanta tavern while waiting for his interview with VICE to begin.
22 of 25
23. Word is, President Obama is an avid tea drinker. Here he is sampling some Ethiopian coffee at the National Palace in Addis Ababa. Talk about authentic!
23 of 25
24. Boys will be boys.
24 of 25
25. We imagine Bo is politely asking POTUS to go out for just one more walk. Please??
25 of 25