Looking to fill permanent positions for Public Service Maintenance Workers and Equipment Repair Specialists
Wayne County Department of Public Services is hosting job fairs to fill nearly 30 positions in the Roads Division. Job seekers will receive on-the-spot interviews and candidates chosen to move forward will begin the necessary paperwork that can lead to employment. Interviews will be conducted for Public Service Maintenance Workers and Equipment Repair Specialists.
Job Fair Details:
Thursday, Dec. 1 from 4:00 p.m. until 6:00 p.m.
Central Maintenance Yard – 29900 Goddard Road, Romulus
Friday, Dec. 2 from 10:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m.
Wayne County (Freeway) Yard – 5811 Brush Street, Detroit
Public Service Maintenance Worker must meet the following:
- High School Diploma
- Commercial Driver License with airbrake (A) and tanker (N) endorsements (applicants will be accepted who can obtain the (N) endorsement within 90 days of employment)
Equipment Repair Specialists must meet the following:
- Have 5 years of automobile or heavy truck mechanic licensing through the State of Michigan or Automotive Service Excellence
- Valid Driver’s License with acceptable safe driving record
- If not Master Mechanic certified, the applicant must become certified within 5 months of employment
- Two years of full-time paid experience in the repair and maintenance of a variety of automobiles and heavy equipment
Find out more about open positions in Wayne County at www.waynecunty.com.