The first day of spring is March 20th, less than a month away. If you are anything like me, you’ve taken full advantaged of sweaters and winter coats to hide a little extra bulge, and pigged out on all your favorite comfort foods this season. Well, winter is just about done, and warm weather will be here before you know it. It’s time to hit the gym and get summer-ready. Here’s a list of hot places to work out in and around Detroit.
1. Detroit-Windsor Dance Academy 3031 W. Grand Blvd., Suite 350, Detroit. (313) 872-7200 Several programs are available to suit your level of dance experience.
2. Lifetime Fitness Various locations Pricey, but they have a ton of activities to meet many fitness styles, a full service spa and salon, plus childcare and programs for children.
3. Franklin Fitness and Racquet Club 29350 Northwestern Highway, Southfield, (248) 352-8000 Offer a wide variety of group classes throughout the week to fit your schedule.
3. Source Booksellers 4201 Cass Ave., Detroit (313) 832-1155 Midtown’s premier non-fiction bookstore also offers tai chi, qi gong, and yoga classes for free on the weekends.
4. Fitness Works 6525 Second Ave. Detroit, MI 48202 (313) 972-4040 Fitness Works offers a variety of classes, weight training, nutritional counseling and massage therapy.
5. Detroit Athletic Club 241 Madison St, Detroit (313) 963-9200 Celebrating 125 years of service, the DAC offers team sports, state-of-the-art equipment and a luxurious atmosphere.