I remember being a teenager blasting Aaliyah and TLC from my pink Barbie boombox praying that my mother would ignore how loud it was just until the end of the song. When I finally got to 9th grade, my style was on tomboy overload with baggy overalls, graphic tee-shirts and leather bomber jackets.
Our love for comfort quickly became the style for that decade. Well fast forward to 2013, and you’re probably kicking yourself in the butt for thrifting your favorite pair of overalls (oh and those Mary Jane’s too). The ’90s is officially back, but now she’s chic and less tacky!
With the help of Nigerian-American Soul Singer/Songwriter Mary Akpa, we’ve got eight trends that we’re so happy to see get a second chance at style.
Check ’em out!
Top Fashion Trends From The '90s [PHOTOS]
1. Neon as Center of Attention1 of 18
2. Neon as Center of Attention2 of 18
3. Good As Gold3 of 18
4. Good As Gold4 of 18
5. Nike meets Fashion5 of 18
6. Nike meets Fashion6 of 18
7. Glamed up Denim7 of 18
8. Glamed Up Denim8 of 18
9. Festival Fashion think Lollapalooza9 of 18
10. Festival Fashion think Lollapalooza10 of 18
11. BOLD Prints from head to Toe11 of 18
12. BOLD Prints from head to Toe12 of 18
13. Dames in Jordans13 of 18
14. Dames in Jordans14 of 18
15. Overalls15 of 18
16. Overalls16 of 18
17. Varsity Sexy17 of 18
18. Varsity Sexy18 of 18
Dope ’90s Fashion Bombs That You Should Rock Today [PHOTOS] was originally published on hellobeautiful.com