America’s favorite “twins next door,” Tia Mowry-Hardrict and Tamera Mowry-Housley, graces the cover of the EBONY May issue. And in the special Black Family issue, Tia and Tamera open up about their business, fame, personal lives and growing up in front of the camera.
The former child stars are now entrepreneurs who launched NEED Brands, a company that provides wholesome and all-natural products for new and expectant mothers. Their business ventures are not keeping them off the television screen. Tamera discussed how she will return to television this fall to co-host the hit talk show “The Real,” alongside Tamar Braxton, Loni Love, Adrienne Bailon and Jeannie Mai, which FOX picked up for two-year run. Yay! We love that show!
Tia is also starring in and producing “Instant Mom,” a sitcom on Nick at Nite, which averages 1.2 million viewers per episode for its network. Tia also works behind the scenes producing and shopping shows she created, but will not star in.
While it may appear that the two have been on a continuous path of success, Tia opened up about the moments of hardships they had as well:
“After ‘Sister, Sister‘ ended, nobody was calling,” says Tia. “My sister and I were sick and tired of being sick and tired of sitting back and waiting for those phone calls.” Deciding at that point they were going to take control of their future, Tia added, “We had the mentality, ‘We’re not going to depend on anybody anymore, we’re not going to let someone else’s value of us diminish how we value ourselves, and we’re going to put action in place.’ We put our minds together and executed [our plans].”
Tamera also opened up to EBONY about the emotional moment she had on an episode of “Oprah: Where Are They Now?” regarding her interracial marriage with FOX news correspondent, Adam Housley:
“Honestly, growing up, I [just] knew I was going to marry a Black man,” said Tamera. “But, as I grew up, I learned to just be open,” she added. “I just wanted to be with someone who was confident around me and who I felt comfortable being myself with.”
The full interview can be read in the May issue of EBONY, on stands now.
Check Out This Gallery Of Tia & Tamera!
Sister, Sister: Tia & Tamera's Best Looks!
1. Tia In PurpleSource:Getty Images 1 of 20
2. Tamera In Black2 of 20
3. Tia In A Silver Skirt3 of 20
4. Tamera In A Formal Long Pink Dress4 of 20
5. Tia In A Long Silver Gown5 of 20
6. Tamera's Short Pink Dress6 of 20
7. Tia In A Sparkling Black Dress7 of 20
8. Tamera's Short Tan Dress8 of 20
9. Tia's Purple Halter Dress9 of 20
10. Tamera Country Style10 of 20
11. Tia's Simple Sparkling Dress11 of 20
12. Tamera's Striped Dress12 of 20
13. Tia's Short Blue Dress13 of 20
14. Tamera's White DressSource:Getty Images 14 of 20
15. Tia Baby Bump15 of 20
16. Tamera Baby BumpSource:Getty Images 16 of 20
17. Tia's Summer OutfitSource:Getty Images 17 of 20
18. Tamera's Cheetah LeggingsSource:Getty Images 18 of 20
19. Tia In WinterSource:Getty Images 19 of 20
20. Tamera In A Black Lace Maternity DressSource:Getty Images 20 of 20
Tia & Tamera Cover EBONY & We’re Like…At Least Their Dresses Are Pretty [PHOTO] was originally published on hellobeautiful.com