Happy tummies rejoice! The new healthy kids on the block are probiotics. You’ve been getting in this friendly bacteria if you’ve ever had a yogurt-infused treat, but did you know that there are several other ways to get more live cultures into your diet? Well get ready to become a probiotic pro with these great-for-your-guts tips, but first…what the heck are probiotics?
As a form of healthy bacteria or live cultures, probiotics have been on the scene for centuries. By eating fermented foods packed with probiotics, folks have been reaping many health benefits: improved digestion, lower cholesterol, alleviated allergies and so much more. Plus probiotics totally come in several different forms: powders, tablets, capsules, foods etc. No matter what form you choose, as long as you’re getting enough organisms to grow in your intestines, you are good beauties. In fact, experts say as little as 50 million to as many as 1 trillion live cells per dose will do the trick. So what do you say – are you ready to get your live cultures on?
1. Digest This Diva
80% of your immunity lives in your stomach–which is the prime area of digestion by the way. So by adding friendly bacteria to your diet, your digestive system gets a RAD boost. By improving absorption of nutrients and vitamins, probiotics allows your body to get the most nutritional value from the foods you eat. And boom, your tummy is now happy.
2. pH Balanced Perfection
Dig this girls – when it comes to friendly bacteria, the Lactobacillus genus is pure genius. This gut-buster produces natural disinfectants in your vajayjay and therefore helps maintain a healthy pH balance. So in the event that you get a yeast infection or UTI, probiotics are guaranteed to make a nice complement to traditional treatments.
3. Beyond Yogurt
How exactly is one supposed to get those recommended billions of good bacterias in daily? The most popular probiotic-packer is yogurt. Live-cultured, handmade and the ones made with goat’s milk are best, however probiotics also hang out in kefir, sauerkraut, dark chocolate, microalgae, miso, pickles, tempeh, kimchi and kombucha tea.
4. Take A Sip Of Vitality With KeVita
Because I have a dairy allergy, so my favorite way to get my probiotics in is with KeVita Sparkling Probiotic Drinks. With up to 4 billion probiotics per bottle it is a refreshing guilt-free way to get your probiotics in beauties. Plus, it’s also organic and low-calorie. My favorite part is the bubbles. Honestly, I even add this sparkling sip to my favorite cocktails to make them FitGirl friendly. So head over to your nearest natural foods market such as Whole Foods Market and get you some. P.S. Be sure to give their new Master Brew Kambucha and Cleansing Probiotic Tonics a try too.
5. Bad Breath Be Gone
Here’s another fun fact about probiotics–did you know that your mouth and breath are both part of your digestive tract? Well, since probiotics keep your digestive system clean they also keep your oral hygiene on point too. In fact, a study by the International Journal of General Medicine found that the probiotic BLIS K12 is effective in preventing reoccurring throat infections that cause oral issues (including bad breath). So pass on a breath mint and get your probiotics on girl!
6. It’s Totally The New Fiber
When it came to digestive health, remember when fiber was the popular kid in school? Well probiotics is even cooler hun. Unlike fiber, probiotics do good deeds for your digestive system sans bloating. But wait a minute, don’t ditch your belly friendly homie fiber just yet – just add probiotics to the mix. Together they work well since probiotics help soothe your belly.
7. Flu Shot or Not
So you didn’t get the flu shot this year. Cool, no problem. However while you’re busy stocking up vitamin C, garlic, and ginger as your remedies this season, be sure to add probiotics to the list. Since they naturally reduce your body’s inflammatory response, probiotics are a great defense against colds and flus. Already got hit with the flu? Well then fight that sucka off in a healthy way. Naturally, most over the counter and prescription flu remedies kill off bacteria–even the healthy ones. So replenish your good bacteria count with probiotics while recovering for sure.
Robbie Ann Darby (RAD Experience) is a professional FitGirl, Group Fitness Instructor and Personal Trainer in NYC. Follow her sweaty life on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram for more fun health and fitness tips!
Check Out This Gallery Of Our Fave Fit Celebs!
Celebrity Fit Club: Our Favorite Stars Share Their Workout Regimen On Instagram
1. Celebrity Fit Club1 of 47
2. Morris Chestnut- On The Treadmill2 of 47
3. Usher-Run It3 of 47
4. Angela Simmons-Simple & Effective4 of 47
5. Angela Simmons-Go Deeper!5 of 47
6. Angela Simmons-Can't Stop, Won't Stop6 of 47
7. Angela Simmons-It's A Lifestyle7 of 47
8. Angela Simmons-Determination Is Key8 of 47
9. Angela Simmons-No Days Off9 of 47
10. Angela Simmons-Morning Training Sessions10 of 47
11. Angela Simmons-Live Life Out Loud11 of 47
12. Angela Simmons-Pose For The Camera12 of 47
13. Angela Simmons-Bend & Stretch13 of 47
14. Angela Simmons-Ready For Her Close Up14 of 47
15. Jordin Sparks-The Fit Selfie15 of 47
16. Jordin Sparks-Engages Her Core16 of 47
17. Jordin Sparks-Getting It Right & Tight17 of 47
18. Jordin Sparks-Gaining Weight18 of 47
19. Jason Derulo-Shooting In The Gym19 of 47
20. Jason Derulo-No Gym, No Problem20 of 47
21. Mo'Nique-Always Motivating21 of 47
22. Mo'Nique-Workin' Those Arms22 of 47
23. Mo'Nique-Keeping It Real, Keeping It Tight23 of 47
24. Mo'Nique-Makes Us Remember To Work For It24 of 47
25. Mo'Nique-Never Gives Up25 of 47
26. Mo'Nique-Showing Off What Amazing Looks Like26 of 47
27. Keri Hilson-Takin' The Stairs27 of 47
28. Brandy-Getting It In!28 of 47
29. Brandy-Making Transformations29 of 47
30. Jeanette Jenkins-She Is The Prototype30 of 47
31. Jeanette Jenkins-She Plans Ahead To Get Ahead31 of 47
32. Jeanette Jenkins-Flexible On Fridays32 of 47
33. Jeanette Jenkins-Fit Foodie33 of 47
34. Kelly Rowland-She's Got Friends In Fit Places34 of 47
35. Kelly Rowland-Drink Good, Look Good35 of 47
36. Kelly Rowland-Abs For Days36 of 47
37. Serena Williams-She Knows How To Hang37 of 47
38. Mary J. Blige-Her Hubby's Getting It In!38 of 47
39. Mary J. Blige-Throwin' Them Bows!39 of 47
40. Mary J. Blige-Getting Them Glutes!40 of 47
41. Mary J. Blige-Hard Work Pays Off, Look At That Body!41 of 47
42. Mary J. Blige--Work Them Arms Girl!42 of 47
43. Mary J. Blige-She's Got Legs & She Knows How To Use Them43 of 47
44. Michelle Obama-Let's Move!44 of 47
45. Sherri Shepherd-No More Girdles!45 of 47
46. Sherri Shepherd-Dance The Pounds Away46 of 47
47. Khloe Kardashian-She Works Hard Even When She Doesn't Want To47 of 47
You Need This: Probiotics Can Fix Bad Breath, Get Your Waist Snatched & So Much More was originally published on hellobeautiful.com