Protestors rallied outside of a Phoenix, AZ police station to protest the killing of Rumain Brisbon, an unarmed Black man who like many others was killed by a police officer. The police have yet to announce the officer’s name. They’re already protecting him. We can see where this is going.
Brisbon was reportedly delivering food to his four children Tuesday night, when he was confronted by the police, who were investigating a report of a man selling drugs out of a truck similar to Brisbon’s. A struggle ensued and Brisbon was shot twice in the torso.
Dr. Ann Hart, the Chairwoman of the African American Police Advisory Committee said “It gives the impression that it’s open season for killing Black men.” She goes on to say, “We need to take a deeper dive into why police officers are feeling compelled to shoot and kill as opposed to apprehend and detain, arrest and jail.”
Another rally is scheduled for tonight in Phoenix. The protests in Phoenix align with the demonstrations across the United States protesting the deaths of Michael Brown and Eric Garner.
We’ve been covering the deaths of Michael Brown and Eric Garner extensively, but news like this never gets easier to report. Why does this continue to happen? Do our Black Lives Matter? We don’t know.
What do you think? Sound off in the comments below.
#ICantBreathe: Protestors Demand Justice For Eric Garner
1. Eric Garner's Life Will Not Be Stolen In Vain1 of 31
2. Eric Garner Supporters Stop NYC's Busiest Commuters In Their Tracks2 of 31
3. Grand Central Station Die-In3 of 31
4. Protestors In NYC Demonstrating A Die-In4 of 31
5. Don't Shoot. I'm Black.5 of 31
6. Justice Denied6 of 31
7. Reverend Al Sharpton Marches7 of 31
8. Police Standoff With Protestors8 of 31
9. A Man Gets Gets Arrested While Protesting9 of 31
10. A Protestor Gets Arrested10 of 31
11. Ferguson Is Everywhere11 of 31
12. I Can't Breathe12 of 31
13. NYC Die-In13 of 31
14. I Might Be Next14 of 31
15. United We Stand15 of 31
16. NYC Protestors Run16 of 31
17. NYPD Officers Block Protestors17 of 31
18. Eric Garner Died Because Of Loose Cigarettes18 of 31
19. Grand Central Station Die-In19 of 31
20. White Man Chokes Himself For Eric Garner20 of 31
21. Demilitarize The Police21 of 31
22. Protestors Blocking An Intersection In Washington, D.C.22 of 31
23. Enough Is Enough23 of 31
24. Black Lives Matter24 of 31
25. Protestors Interrupt Commuters Trying To Get Home25 of 31
26. Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony Attended By Protestors26 of 31
27. Grand Central Station27 of 31
28. Teaching Our Children Their Lives Matter28 of 31
29. Tears For Eric Garner29 of 31
30. Black Lives Matter30 of 31
31. Philadelphia's Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony Attending By Eric Garner Supporters31 of 31
Rumain Brisbon: Another Unarmed Black Man Killed By Police, This Time In Phoenix was originally published on hellobeautiful.com