Anthony Anderson has been tapped, for the second year in a row, to host one of Black Hollywood’s most coveted award ceremonies — the 46th annual NAACP Image Awards which means laughs, great suits and more laughs.
“It is an honor and privilege to be asked back to host the NAACP Image Awards – the nominees this year are stellar and a testament to the talented individuals in our community,” Anderson said in an official press release. “As a 9 time Image Award nominee I could not be more proud, and I look forward to holding the record for most nominations without a win!”
Will Anderson hold that title much longer? The 10th time might be the charm. The comedian is nominated for Outstanding Actor in a Comedy Series and his series “Black-ish” is nominated for Outstanding Comedy Series.
Reginald Hudlin and Phil Gurin are also returning as Executive Producers. The production team will also include Tony McCuin as Director, Byron Phillips as Producer and Robin Reinhart as the Talent Producer. Actor and musician Lance Reddick will be the in-show announcer.
“Building on the momentum and success from last year, we are planning an extraordinary show and securing today’s leading talent to be part of the celebration,” stated Reginald Hudlin and Phil Gurin, Executive Producers. “It is an honor for us to work with the NAACP and TV One to create a show that recognizes such a diverse group of talented people and we look forward to producing one of the premier awards show telecast in America.”
The NAACP Image Awards celebrates the accomplishment of people of color in the fields of television, music, literature and film and also honors individuals or groups who promote social justice through creative endeavors. Winners will be voted upon by NAACP members and announced when the envelopes are opened on Thursday, February 5 during the Awards Ceremony for non-televised categories. The remaining categories will be announced LIVE on stage during the two-hour star-studded TV One telecast on Friday, February 6 (9:00 p.m. ET/PT tape-delated). The telecast will also include a one-hour pre-show airing live from the red carpet (8:00 p.m. ET/PT tape-delayed).
The 46TH NAACP Image Awards are sponsored by: AT&T, Bank of America, FedEx, Ford Motor Company, General Motors, Gilead Sciences, Hyundai Motor America, PepsiCo, Southwest Airlines, and Wells Fargo.
Catch the prestigious event airing exclusively on TV ONE Friday, February 6 at 8pm when the red carpet kicks off!
46th NAACP Image Award Nominees: Beyonce, Idris Elba & More Score Nods
1. 46th NAACP IMAGE AWARDS Nominees1 of 33
2. Outstanding Comedy Series2 of 33
3. Outstanding Actor in a Comedy Series3 of 33
4. Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series4 of 33
5. Outstanding Actress in a Comedy Series5 of 33
6. Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series6 of 33
7. Outstanding Drama Series7 of 33
8. Outstanding Actor in a Drama Series8 of 33
9. Outstanding Actress in a Drama Series9 of 33
10. Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series10 of 33
11. Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series11 of 33
12. Outstanding Television Movie, Mini-Series or Dramatic Special12 of 33
13. Outstanding Actor in a Television Movie, Mini-Series or Dramatic Special13 of 33
14. Outstanding Actress in a Television Movie, Mini-Series or Dramatic Special14 of 33
15. Outstanding Host in a Talk, Reality, News/ Information or Variety15 of 33
16. Outstanding News/ Information - (Series or Special)16 of 33
17. Outstanding Reality Series17 of 33
18. Outstanding Talk Series18 of 33
19. Outstanding Male Artist19 of 33
20. Outstanding Female Artist20 of 33
21. Outstanding Duo, Group or Collaboration21 of 33
22. Outstanding Variety Series or Special22 of 33
23. Outstanding New Artist23 of 33
24. Outstanding Gospel Album - (Traditional or Contemporary)24 of 33
25. Outstanding Music Video25 of 33
26. Outstanding Song26 of 33
27. Outstanding Album27 of 33
28. Outstanding Motion Picture28 of 33
29. Outstanding Actor in a Motion Picture29 of 33
30. Outstanding Actress in a Motion Picture30 of 33
31. Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture31 of 33
32. Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture32 of 33
33. Outstanding Independent Motion Picture33 of 33
Anthony Anderson to Host 46th Annual NAACP Image Awards was originally published on hellobeautiful.com