Everyone is always working on their finances. If not, they should be. Life is expensive honey. There’s a ton of different advice columns, blogs and more dedicated to helping people achieve financial freedom. And while it may seem hard to decide which monthly expenses to cut back, you’ve got to know that you don’t have to skimp on your quality of life just because you’re on a budget.
Here are the ways to keep your wallet on fleek by examining more affordable and convenient options.
1. Choose a No-Contract Cell Phone Plan: While having a cell phone is a part of everyday life, GIV Mobile turns cell phone service into a “tool for good” with their affordable no-contract plans that donate 8% of every customer’s bill to charities of their choice. They offer a variety of devices, even allowing customers to bring in their own unlocked phones to use with their five “Unlimited” plans that start at $20/month all on T-Mobile’s reliable network.
2. Ditch the Cable Company: Canceling cable can save hundreds of dollars a year, thankfully there are alternatives such as Hulu Plus and Netflix that are both only $8/month. Google Chromecast makes it even simpler by wirelessly streaming whatever is playing on your computer or cell phone screen onto your television.
3. Save but Still Shop: Everyone likes a good deal, but browsing through countless coupon sites can be exhausting. Yipit.com is the Expedia of savings websites, it combines and compares deals from Groupon, Living Social and Goldstar to give the best bargain in the area.
4. Switch out your Bulbs: Installing CFL (compact fluorescent lights) or LED (light emitting diodes) bulbs can help reduce monthly bills. Energy Star offers a guide to help choose between all of their different bulbs, helping the consumer to pick which would be best suited to their needs. Not only do these bulbs last longer than the traditional incandescent bulbs, they also cost less to operate which saves money over the lifespan of the bulb.
5. Nix the Gym Membership: Avoid the overcrowded gyms this January by bringing the exercise routine home. Gather some inspiration and try a new fitness regimen without being attached to those hefty membership fees. There are plenty of free apps out there like 7 Minute Workout which offers quick cardio and weight exercises that help people stay on track and keep in shape.
Income Tax Facts: 7 Need-To-Know Tips From My Tax Adviser To You
1. Your Income Tax Cheat Sheet1 of 9
2. Be Mindful Of Holiday Bonuses2 of 9
3. Consider Charitable Donations3 of 9
4. Prepare For Tax Season4 of 9
5. Keep Track Of Deadlines5 of 9
6. Don't Forget Retirement Savings6 of 9
7. Consider The Child Care Credit7 of 9
8. Lump Medical Bills8 of 9
9. Rashida Maples, Esq.9 of 9
Money Saving Tips That Will Keep Your Wallet On Fleek was originally published on hellobeautiful.com