Three White men (William Kirk Montgomery, Joseph Paul Dominick and Jonathan Kyle Gaskamp) have been sentenced to federal prison for the murder of James Craig Anderson, an unarmed and innocent 47-year-old Black man.
U.S. District Judge Carlton Reeves issued the decrees to Montgomery, Dominick and Gaskamp. Montgomery received nineteen and a half years for helping to premeditate the murder, as he gave Deryl Dedmon (already serving a life sentence) the cue to run a pickup truck over Anderson, killing him, after the men brutally beat and robbed Anderson.
The group of White men targeted Anderson as White supremacists. They were searching for Black people to harm on the night of June 26, 2011 and they saw the Anderson in front of a Jackson, Mississippi and immediately attacked him there.
Montgomery pleaded guilty in 2012 and originally faced five years to life in prison. Dominick and Gaskamp received four years. The men were a part of a larger group of hapless and racist individuals, including two White girls, that decided that June night to find and harass any Black person they pleased. Witnesses claim that one of them had even yelled “White power!” before killing Anderson.
Anderson’s death was absolutely horrific and to solidify justice for the hate crime, protests ensued until arrests were made. In 2012, Hinds County Circuit Judge Jeff Weill denounced the incident, stating towards the criminals, “Whatever excuse you offer, forget that. There is no excuse. The state of Mississippi condemns this despicable crime.”
Mississippi is doing the just thing in not allowing these criminals to walk free. The hate of these people was calculated and if they were not charged, it would’ve been another scary turn of events that racism and such overt racism and violence is excusable in America. We need more results like these when Black people are violently hunted down and killed with racism being the motivator.
#ICantBreathe: Protestors Demand Justice For Eric Garner
1. Eric Garner's Life Will Not Be Stolen In Vain1 of 31
2. Eric Garner Supporters Stop NYC's Busiest Commuters In Their Tracks2 of 31
3. Grand Central Station Die-In3 of 31
4. Protestors In NYC Demonstrating A Die-In4 of 31
5. Don't Shoot. I'm Black.5 of 31
6. Justice Denied6 of 31
7. Reverend Al Sharpton Marches7 of 31
8. Police Standoff With Protestors8 of 31
9. A Man Gets Gets Arrested While Protesting9 of 31
10. A Protestor Gets Arrested10 of 31
11. Ferguson Is Everywhere11 of 31
12. I Can't Breathe12 of 31
13. NYC Die-In13 of 31
14. I Might Be Next14 of 31
15. United We Stand15 of 31
16. NYC Protestors Run16 of 31
17. NYPD Officers Block Protestors17 of 31
18. Eric Garner Died Because Of Loose Cigarettes18 of 31
19. Grand Central Station Die-In19 of 31
20. White Man Chokes Himself For Eric Garner20 of 31
21. Demilitarize The Police21 of 31
22. Protestors Blocking An Intersection In Washington, D.C.22 of 31
23. Enough Is Enough23 of 31
24. Black Lives Matter24 of 31
25. Protestors Interrupt Commuters Trying To Get Home25 of 31
26. Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony Attended By Protestors26 of 31
27. Grand Central Station27 of 31
28. Teaching Our Children Their Lives Matter28 of 31
29. Tears For Eric Garner29 of 31
30. Black Lives Matter30 of 31
31. Philadelphia's Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony Attending By Eric Garner Supporters31 of 31
Mississippi men sentenced to prison for brutal death of James Craig Anderson was originally published on hellobeautiful.com