It started with a simple question — “At what age did you feel like a woman?”
The ages vary, the discernment different, but the answers, all given by influential black women, were laced with power, wisdom, femininity, sexuality, and confidence. All moving parts that embody the complexity of what it means to own womanhood.
As part of Women’s History Month, Helloeautiful gathered some of the most powerful and inspirational forces in Hollywood and entertainment for a 14-minute documentary dubbed “Women on Top” — an ode to the coming-of-age journey to womanhood and most importantly, sisterhood.
Watch HB Studios‘ first film, featuring wise words from Soledad O’Brien, Lisa Leslie, Eve, Anika Noni Rose, Jurnee Smollett, Jody Watley, Chrisette Michele, Tia Mowry and Beverly Johnson, above.
The Stars Of 'Women On Top'
1. The Launch of "Women on Top"Source:Getty 1 of 10
2. Tia Mowry-HardrictSource:Getty Images 2 of 10
3. Soledad O'BrienSource:Getty 3 of 10
4. Jody WatleySource:Getty 4 of 10
5. Lisa LeslieSource:Getty 5 of 10
6. Beverly JohnsonSource:Getty 6 of 10
7. Anika Noni RoseSource:Getty 7 of 10
8. Jurnee SmollettSource:Getty 8 of 10
9. EveSource:Getty 9 of 10
10. Chrisette MichelleSource:Getty 10 of 10
Soledad O’Brien, Tia Mowry, Chrisette Michelle and more celebrate womanhood with ‘Women on Top’ was originally published on newsone.com