Valentine’s Day is around the corner and if you still don’t have plans yet, we’ve got you covered. Well, when it comes to a sweet treat, that is.
Our easy to make Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies are perfect for bae; even if you’re your own bae for Valentine’s Day this year. Promise we won’t judge if you eat them all yourself.
Check out the step-by-step directions below and peep the video up top for a visual. Don’t forget to follow Meals With Misha on Instagram. Sound off in the comments to let us know what you want to see on the next episode.
▪ 1 Cup Sugar
▪ 2 Oz Dark Chocolate
▪ 1/2 Cup Butter (1 Stick)
▪ 2 Eggs
▪ 1 1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
▪ 1 1/2 Teaspoons Red Food Coloring
▪ 2/3 Cup Flour
▪ 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
▪ 8 Oz. Room Temperature Cream Cheese
▪ 1/3 Cup Sugar
▪ 1 Egg
▪ 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Grease the bottom and sides of an 11×7 inch metal baking pan. Grab a piece of parchment paper a little bigger than your pan, place in the pan, pushing it down so that it sticks to the sides. If you do not have parchment paper all is not lost, this just makes your life easier when it comes time to get the brownies out of the pan. Instead, grease the pan itself. Otherwise, grease the parchment paper and set aside.
In a heatproof bowl, melt together the butter and dark chocolate. I used my microwave’s melt chocolate option, or you can use a double boiler. Make sure to keep an eye on the chocolate so as not to overcook it. Once both the butter and chocolate are just melted, stir together until smooth. Set aside to cool.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar, eggs, vanilla, and red food coloring. The mixture will look very red at this point; don’t worry, it doesn’t stay that bright. Add the cooled chocolate mixture to the bowl, whisking in until combined. Lastly, add in the flour and salt, stirring till just combined. Set aside.
Onto the cheesecake mixture.
In a separate mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar, egg, and vanilla. I suggest using a hand or stationary mixer for this.
Pour brownie mixture into your greased pan, spreading it out into an even layer.
Next, grab your cheesecake mixture. Place the cheesecake mixture by the spoonful on top of the brownie batter. Use your spoon to swirl the brownie batter and cheesecake mix together. This is the fun part; you can make designs and mix it as much or little as you want. No two red velvet cheesecake brownies will look the same.
Bake in a 350F oven for 35 minutes. The brownies are done when they’re set, the edges are starting to lightly brown, and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
Let cool completely. Once cooled, remove from the pan using your parchment paper. Cut into your desired size and enjoy.
Celebrities Show Off Their Valentine's Day Plans (PHOTOS)
1. Rihanna spent her V-Day poolside with BFF Melissa.1 of 25
2. Dwyane Wade & Gabrielle Union kept close for their Valentine's Day/All-Star Weekend festivities.2 of 25
3. The NBA's hottest wives and ballers went to see "About Last Night" in theaters.3 of 25
4. Overall, they had a very "colorful" weekend as Gabby described it.4 of 25
5. Dwyane even pulled a "Being Mary Jane" move on his fiancé... thoughtful indeed.5 of 25
6. Christina Milian blessed her special someone with perfectly pink kisses.6 of 25
7. LaLa & Carmelo Anthony spent their Valentine's Day at the Jordan party.7 of 25
8. Kylie Jenner and Khloe Kardashian spend Valentine's Day together.8 of 25
9. Bruce Jenner and Khloe Kardashian spend Valentine's Day together.9 of 25
10. Kylie Jenner and Khloe Kardashian spend Valentine's Day together.10 of 25
11. Barack Obama shares his Valentine's Day with his First Lady11 of 25
12. Khloe Kardashian and Kylie Jenner spend V-Day together12 of 25
13. Kim Kardashian shows off her roses from Kanye West13 of 25
14. Rihanna spent her V-Day poolside with BFF Melissa.14 of 25
15. Halle Berry films a movie in LA during V-Day15 of 25
16. Ellen DeGeneres takes a V-Day selfie with Portia de Rossi16 of 25
17. Rihanna posted this photo to her Instagram for Valentine's Day17 of 25
18. Rihanna spent her V-Day poolside with BFF Melissa.18 of 25
19. Karrueche gets some white roses for Valentine's Day19 of 25
20. Ciara shares a photo of her with fiance Future20 of 25
21. Kris Jenner gets flowers from Rob Kardashian21 of 25
22. Kris Jenner gets flowers from Scott Disick22 of 25
23. Shay Mitchell shows off her V-Day nails23 of 25
24. Shay Mitchell gets treated to a romantic dinner24 of 25
25. Khloe Kardashian gets flowers from her brother Rob Kardashian25 of 25
Meals With Misha: Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies For Bae was originally published on globalgrind.com