“Empire” continued to captivate us with this week’s episode. With Camilla Marks-Whiteman (Naomi Campbell) in the top position after a stealth takeover of the record label, her lover, Hakeem Lyon (Bryshere Y. Gray), is enjoying unprecedented power. But it remains to be seen whether he’ll use it for good.
In the beginning of the episode, it certainly doesn’t look that way. Hakeem opts to have his face superimposed onto the Empire logo. For one of his most ego-centric moments, Hakeem fittingly wore a top from Yeezy Season 3. Empire’s costume designer and stylist, Paolo Nieddu, is clearly a fan of Kanye West‘s clothing line for Adidas. Last season, he dressed Tiana Brown (Serayah McNeill) in a pant-less rehearsal look straight from the Yeezy Season 2 runway.
Despite Empire’s uncertain future, Cookie Lyon (Taraji P. Henson) managed to remain calm and composed throughout most of the episode. Clearly, she had a plan in motion. The Lyon matriarch continued her stellar run of office wear with a flashy twist in a ruffle blouse inspired by measuring tape. A design this ingenious and kitschy could only be the work of Jeremy Scott for Moschino.
Naturally, the Twittersphere had a lot to say about Cookie’s bold look, with comments ranging from praise to utter confusion:
Why Cookie got a measuring tape for a scarf? #Empire
— Josh Barker (@JoshBarkerIV) April 7, 2016
— scholar#3 (@JohnsonsEmpiree) April 6, 2016
Hakeem is really settling into his role as a rap superstar, and a flashy designer wardrobe comes along with that. Like many rappers in real life, Hakeem is fond of Givenchy, specifically the designer’s popular Rottweiler-themed pieces.
He performed a tribute to his brother Andre Lyon (Trai Byers) wearing a sweater with the motif, paired with jeans and his signature designer watch.
Who had your favorite look of the episode?
FAB FINDS: Celebrate 'Empire's' Return With 10 Cookie-Inspired Pieces
1. FAB FINDS: Celebrate Empire's Return With 10 Cookie-Inspired PiecesSource:Getty 1 of 20
2. Patchwork DenimSource:Retailer Provided 2 of 20
3. Floral BodyconSource:Getty 3 of 20
4. Floral BodyconSource:Retailer Provided 4 of 20
5. Leopard Print JumpsuitSource:Getty 5 of 20
6. Leopard Print JumpsuitSource:Retailer Provided 6 of 20
7. Moschino MadnessSource:Fox 7 of 20
8. Moschino MadnessSource:Retailer Provided 8 of 20
9. One Shoulder SequinsSource:Getty 9 of 20
10. One Shoulder SequinsSource:Retailer Provided 10 of 20
11. All Leopard Print EverythingSource:Getty 11 of 20
12. All Leopard Print EverythingSource:Retailer Provided 12 of 20
13. FedoraSource:Getty 13 of 20
14. FedoraSource:Retailer Provided 14 of 20
15. Bold EarringsSource:Getty 15 of 20
16. Bold EarringsSource:Retailer Provided 16 of 20
17. Studded ClutchSource:Getty 17 of 20
18. Studded ClutchSource:Retailer Provided 18 of 20
19. A Touch of FurSource:Getty 19 of 20
20. A Touch of FurSource:Retailer Provided 20 of 20
Empire Fashion Breakdown: The Hottest Looks On TV This Week was originally published on hellobeautiful.com