Shea Moisture is taking a stand against the lack of representation for women of color in the beauty industry.
In their new ad, the brand highlights the ways in which the industry neglects Black women, while sending a simple message: #BreakTheWalls of the beauty industry. The ad aired during BET’s broadcast of Black Girls Rock! and depicts subjects being forced to shop in the “Ethnic” aisle in order to find products.
“We just have been conditioned to go to the corner and find our spot where we’ve been placed,” recites the ad. “There’s a section called ‘Ethnic,’ and there is an aisle called ‘Beauty.’”
At the ad’s closing, the predominantly White “Beauty” aisle falls down to reveal Shea Moisture products, while a voice-over proclaims:
“We’re Shea Moisture, and now, we can be found in the beauty aisle — where we all belong.”
Watch the powerful commercial in the video up top.
SOURCE: Huffington Post
25 Women That Capture The True Meaning Of Black Beauty
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Even when Ciara is on chill mode, she oozes gorgeous glamour.
1 of 25
2. The lovely Amandla Stenberg is the definition of pure exquisiteness.
2 of 25
3. Niecy Nash resonates with beauty in a red dress.
3 of 25
4. Just like we will love you when you're at your Beyonce.
4 of 25
5. We will love you when you're at your Michelle Williams.
5 of 25
6. Nia Long has a beautiful smile.
6 of 25
7. The gorgeous Meagan Good in a sexy black dress.
7 of 25
8. Ava DuVernay is classy.
8 of 25
9. Natural beauty Viola Davis flashes a great smile.
9 of 25
10. Misty Copeland shines in white.
10 of 25
11. Zoe Kravitz's braids give her a look of Black excellence.
11 of 25
12. Rihanna's beauty is always money.
12 of 25
13. Sherri Shepherd blooms in stripes.
13 of 25
14. Gabby Douglas the the champion of good looks.
14 of 25
15. Purple hair and all, Justine Skye is our favorite.
15 of 25
16. Zendaya just smells like grace, class, and everything that's right in the world.
16 of 25
17. Jada Pinkett is proof that Black don't crack.
17 of 25
18. Jurnee Smollett been fire since "Eve's Bayou."
18 of 25
19. Phylicia Rashad still got it, after all these years.
19 of 25
20. Serena Williams is strong.
20 of 25
21. When it comes to beauty, we are with Kiersey Clemons. F It!
21 of 25
22. We love Whoopi.
22 of 25
23. Natural charm and elegance comes easy for Jill Scott.
23 of 25
24. Erykah Badu has a great face.
24 of 25
25. Deelishis is delicious.
25 of 25