Ian Connor, a “fashion muse” for Kanye West and a member of A$AP Mob, is currently under investigation for allegedly sexually assaulting a woman. The accuser’s name is Malika Anderson. Six days ago, Malika wrote a blog post on her website detailing events of the alleged assault that took place on October 5th, 2014. There’s an existing incident report at Dekalb County Sheriff’s office in Georgia that matches very closely with what Malika shared on her website.
“On my first post, 4 months after my sexual assault, I wrote about how the assault affected me and how the backlash I got from telling someone I loved the truth about what happened affected me. All of this was well before I decided to involve the police in my assault. But I am finally ready to say that I did. I pursued charges against Ian Connor for raping me.”
After the release of Malika’s post another woman, Jean Deaux, a Chicago singer, wrote a post titled “For Malika.” The post details her own sexual assault, supposedly at the hands of Ian. Jean explains why she helped Malika but didn’t report her own possible assault.
“Several months ago I was introduced to Malika Anderson, a friend of a friend who I soon learned had been assaulted by the man who attacked me. Once we exchanged stories I felt terrified, and also comforted. I wasn’t alone in this, but it also meant my attacker was a serial rapist. A sociopath, with an MO, a victim type, and a method. When she asked me to make a statement to her detective working her police report, I agreed. But when he suggested to me I report my own case, I froze. Not because I wasn’t honest, but because I knew his social rep.”
Ian hasn’t mentioned any of the women by name but pleaded his case on social media.
The investigation into the allegation is still ongoing.
PHOTOS OF THE DAY: Kanye West, Zendaya, Blake Lively, & More
1. Kanye West shares a million dollar smile while exiting the Polo Bar in New York City.Source:Splash News 1 of 11
2. Hennessy V.S teamed up with A$AP Rocky in conjunction with the Tribeca Film Festival for an in-depth discussion at Spring Studios on all things music, fashion, and art. They also gifted him with a personalized bottle of Hennessy XO.Source:Hennessy 2 of 11
3. Hennessy V.S presented an evening with Jamie Foxx at the W hotel in D.C., where Jamie shared his story to the intimate crowd about naming his album “Hollywood.”Source:Hennessy 3 of 11
4. Blake Lively was spotted leaving her NYC hotel on Wednesday afternoon, en route to the Apple Store Q&A for "The Age of Adaline."Source:Splash News 4 of 11
5. Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudeikis keep it classy at the Tribeca Film Festival in New York City.Source:Getty 5 of 11
6. Director Ava DuVernay attends the Women In World Summit at the David H. Koch Theater at Lincoln Center on April 22, 2015 in New York City.Source:Getty 6 of 11
7. Cuba Gooding Jr. attends Lionsgate & Roadside Attractions' after party for the Tribeca Film Festival world premiere of "Maggie" at Tutto II Giorno.Source:Getty 7 of 11
8. Ashlee Simpson and her bae Evan Ross keep it cuddly while going to the gym in Studio City.Source:Splash News 8 of 11
9. Amber Rose posed for selfies before a promotional stop at BBC Radio 1 in Central London.Source:Splash News 9 of 11
10. Zendaya is all smiles while leaving "The View" in New York City.Source:Splash News 10 of 11
11. Michael B. Jordan at the CinemaCon 2015 Will Rogers Pioneer of the Year Award Dinner at the Octavius Ballroom at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, Nevada.Source:Splash News 11 of 11