“Today, the world lost a creative icon. Michelle and I join millions of fans from around the world in mourning the sudden death of Prince. Few artists have influenced the sound and trajectory of popular music more distinctly, or touched quite so many people with their talent. As one of the most gifted and prolific musicians of our time, Prince did it all. Funk. R&B. Rock and roll. He was a virtuoso instrumentalist, a brilliant bandleader, and an electrifying performer.
“A strong spirit transcends rules,” Prince once said — and nobody’s spirit was stronger, bolder, or more creative. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family, his band, and all who loved him.”
Prince was found dead at his Paisley Park home in Minnesota today. He was 57.
SOURCE: Twitter | PHOTO: Getty
Aura God: Remembering Prince's Most Iconic Ensembles
1. Aura God.Source:Getty 1 of 11
2. The ruffle shirt. Enough said.Source:Getty 2 of 11
3. Prince never shied away from sparkle, and we loved it.Source:Getty 3 of 11
4. Before Cam'ron did it...Source:Getty 4 of 11
5. That cane...simply legendary.Source:Getty 5 of 11
6. Regardless of what you think of his fashion, you can't deny he pulled every man's fair share of women.Source:Getty 6 of 11
7. In addition to his clothing, Prince knew how to make a statement with his hair.Source:Getty 7 of 11
8. That time he wore high heels. Respect his fearlessness.Source:Getty 8 of 11
9. Stylin'.Source:Getty 9 of 11
10. In his last Grammy speech, Prince said: "Like books and black lives, albums still matter."Source:Getty 10 of 11
11. Rest in peace, Prince.Source:Getty 11 of 11