Fashion’s most extravagant night did not disappoint.
This year’s Met Gala was all about “Manus x Machina: Fashion in the Age of Technology,” and while celebrities attempted to match the evening’s theme, there were quite a few misses, a fair share of hits, and others who chose to stray from the technology trend all together.
One star who perfectly captured the theme without going overboard was Zendaya. The 18-year-old stunned in a gold gown by Michael Kors. Of course, it wouldn’t be Zendaya without a flawless wig. Is it just us, or are you feeling major Cleopatra vibes from this look?
Keep scrolling for more of our picks for the Met Gala’s best dressed.
While the rest of her family opted for Balmain, Kendall wore a Versace dress that incorporated the metallic trend without giving into the cliché silver. The gown modestly flashed portions of her toned body, and her pulled-away hair allowed her model features to truly shine.
Dubbed one of the unofficial Queens of the Met, you knew Beyoncé was going to bring her style A-game last night. She arrived in a latex gown by Givenchy that was embroidered and featured pearl adornments. Her dramatic eye makeup perfectly played off the neutral tones of the dress. How amazing did her body look?
Gigi Hadid and Zayn Malik
Our pick for best dressed couple has to go to Gigi and Zayn. We love these two together, and their looks last night were nothing short of fierce. While some weren’t feeling Zayn’s “robot arms,” we think it worked and fit perfectly with Gigi’s gown.
Jaden Smith is a young style star in his own right, so it’s no surprise that he’s landed a spot on our list. Although he didn’t appear to have fun with the theme, Jaden’s look was simplicity at its best: chic, dapper, and fashionable. Which is essentially what the Met Gala is all about.
You can always count on Solange to make a bold statement. Last night, she appeared to rock her own theme: Mellow Yellow (or possibly Lemonade?) She paired a risky number by David LaPort with latex leggings and glass slippers. It might not be your conventional Met Gala ensemble, but we were so here for it.
With big name celebrities on the carpet, it’s easy for lesser-known stars to get lost in the shuffle. One look you definitely have to see is Karolina Kurkova‘s. Her Marchesa gown was gorgeous and followed the theme by incorporating wearable tech. The flowers on her dress lit up based on social media reactions.
PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
Fashion's Most Over-The-Top Night: Celebrities Arrive To The 2016 Met Gala
1. Lala and Carmelo AnthonySource:Getty 1 of 20
2. Solange is out here making a statement.Source:Getty 2 of 20
3. Zendaya in Michael Kors.Source:Getty 3 of 20
4. KimYe nailed the night's trend perfectly.Source:Getty 4 of 20
5. Thoughts of Lupita N'yongo's look?Source:Getty 5 of 20
6. Lady Gaga goes for a bold look in sky-high boots.Source:Getty 6 of 20
7. The Weeknd and Bella Hadid arrive in all black, per usual.Source:Getty 7 of 20
8. Met Gala queen, Sarah Jessica Parker, is going for a different vibe tonight.Source:Getty 8 of 20
9. How adorable are Zoe Saldana and her husband?Source:Getty 9 of 20
10. The Smith's wear Chanel and Louis Vuitton.Source:Getty 10 of 20
11. Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble do date night.Source:Getty 11 of 20
12. Kerry Washington and her baby bump walk the carpet.Source:Getty 12 of 20
13. Ciara's rocking a new look. Are we feeling it?Source:Getty 13 of 20
14. Kylie Jenner wears Balmain to her first Met Gala.Source:Getty 14 of 20
15. Kendall Jenner looks unreal in Versace.Source:Getty 15 of 20
16. Rita Ora's feather and sheer gown by Vera Wang is nothing short of epic.Source:Getty 16 of 20
17. Idris Elba suited up in Tom Ford.Source:Getty 17 of 20
18. One of the evening's co-chair. Are you feeling Taylor Swift's look?Source:Getty 18 of 20
19. Looking dapper, Wiz!Source:Getty 19 of 20
20. Selena Gomez rocking Louis Vuitton.Source:Getty 20 of 20
Met Gala 2016: Beyonce, Zendaya Lead Our Picks For Best Dressed was originally published on globalgrind.com