These restaurants are reaching.
KFC is taking its slogan “Finger Lickin’ Good” into the cosmetics world. The chain has announced plans to release edible nail polish. The flavor? Chicken, of course. Still, we can’t help but feel like – WHY?
The polish has been developed by technologists who provide spices for KFC’s chicken. The first two flavors are Original and Hot Spicy, and are now hitting the market in Hong Kong. In a statement to Adweek, KFC promoted the polish, saying:
“To use, consumers simply apply and dry like regular nail polish, and then lick—again and again and again. The recipe for our edible nail polish is unique and was specifically designed to hold the flavor, but to also dry with a glossy coat similar to normal nail polish.”
While the polish isn’t being sold to the masses just yet, KFC has released a music video for Hong Kong consumers to help decide which flavor is their favorite.
Check it out above.
The Strangest Stadium Foods In The Country (PHOTOS)
1. "The Walk Off" at Baltimore's Camden Yards is Italian Sausage covered in crab dip and a pretzel roll. While the name is a nod to baseball, you probably will need to walk it off once you're through with this beast.Source:Tumblr 1 of 11
2. The Rocky Mountain Oysters at Coors Field in Denver are probably the biggest culprit of false advertising. ICYDK, these "oysters" are actually fried bull testicles. Bon appetit.Source:Flickr 2 of 11
3. They sell fried ravioli with dipping sauce at the Busch Stadium in St. Louis, because who wants crap like fries and ice cream when you can have ravioli at a sporting event?Source:Tumblr 3 of 11
4. Baseball's Best Burger (known as the "Luther Burger to some) is your typical burger - but instead of basic buns, they're Krispy Kreme donuts.Source:Instagram 4 of 11
5. The "Sliders Family Meal Deal" at Yankee Stadium in New York is a $20 deal you can't pass up. However, burgers in a bucket seems like a dream and a sin at the same time.Source:Instagram 5 of 11
6. The Murph-A-Dilla is a 24-inch long beef brisket quesadilla. Clearly it's meant for sharing, but you probably won't.Source:Tumblr 6 of 11
7. "The Baco" at Fifth Third Ballpark in Michigan probably isn't what you thought it was. It's your ordinary taco, but instead of a tortilla, it's wrapped in good ol' bacon.Source:MLB Blogs 7 of 11
8. The StrasBurger at Nats Park in Washington is one big and expensive burger ($59 to be exact). It's 8 pounds, so you'll literally have a food baby after getting through with this.Source:Tumblr 8 of 11
9. The Pulled Pork Parfait at Miller Park in Milwaukee looks so wrong, but probably tastes so right.Source:Flickr 9 of 11
10. Triple Pork Poutine at the BMO Field in Toronto is a Canadian and meat-lover's dream all it once.Source:Tumblr 10 of 11
11. BBQ Nachos at RedZone Park in Memphis sound like an amazing Tex-Mex mix.Source:Instagram 11 of 11
KFC Is Venturing Into Cosmetics With Edible Nail Polish That None Of Us Needed was originally published on globalgrind.com