One month after Prince passed away, Chanel Iman is publicly honoring his legacy.
The model pays tribute to the iconic star and the impact he left on music and fashion by channeling The Purple One for a new cover shoot. In the June issue of Harper’s Bazaar Serbia, she recreated a host of Prince’s most memorable looks—lace gloves, curly locks, and all.
The photos, shot by Joshua Jordan, were taken at Electric Lady Studios (a favorite of Prince’s). Makeup artist Yacine Diallo drew inspiration from Prince and the strong women in his life.
“The story was also a tribute to all the talented, beautiful, and sexy women like Vanity, Sheila E., Wendy, and Lisa he had on stage with him throughout his career,” Diallo said. “Chanel Iman was perfect to interpret this sensuality and freedom that always inspired me while growing up watching Prince videos and listening to his music.”
The issue hits newsstands on May 21.
SOURCE: Refinery29, Harper’s Bazaar | PHOTO CREDIT: Instagram
17 Artists You Probably Didn't Know Were Influenced By Prince
17 photos Launch gallery
1. Maroon 5 has covered Prince's "Purple Rain"
1 of 17
2. The Weeknd has always said that Prince has been a huge influence on their vocal sound
2 of 17
3. Prince can be found in Pharrell's unique musical style
3 of 17
4. Bruno Mars has called Prince one of his heroes and has paid tribute to The Purple One a number of times
4 of 17
5. Usher has said in many interviews that he is influenced by Prince
5 of 17
6. Janelle Monáe, known for her unique style, teamed up with Prince on the song “Given Em What They Love"
6 of 17
7. Andre 3000's style and showmanship is undeniably influenced by Prince
7 of 17
8. Justin Timberlake, influenced by many legends, wrote a touching tribute to The Purple One on Instagram
8 of 17
9. Prince is an obvious influence on Miguel who is often called this generation's Prince
9 of 17
10. Frank Ocean wrote a Tumblr post speaking to why he is a true Prince fanboy
10 of 17
11. Soul crooner D'Angelo has covered Prince's “She's Always in My Hair”
11 of 17
12. Alicia Keys not only has been influenced by Prince but she also covered "How Come You Don't Call Me"
12 of 17
13. Performer extraordinaire Beyonce has obvious influences on her stage presence from The Purple One
13 of 17
14. St. Vincent has openly discussed how Prince influenced her debut album.
14 of 17
15. One-of-a-kind songstress Lady Gaga has said Prince influenced her greatly on her 'Born This Way' album
15 of 17
16. Beck has covered Prince songs many times and has credited him as an influence. Plus, Beck can play over 12 instruments...sound familiar?
16 of 17
17. Lenny's musicianship is undenied, just like influencer Prince. Lenny and Prince have even performed together in a battle of the guitars: https://youtu.be/RC34ZcDiCag
17 of 17
Chanel Iman Recreates Prince’s Iconic Looks was originally published on globalgrind.com