The day after the nation commemorated Memorial Day, presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump came under fire for the money he raised to donate to veterans groups, reports The Hill.

During a news conference Tuesday at Trump Tower, he announced that he was prepared to give $6 million, including $1 million of his money, to a variety of veterans groups, writes the news outlet:

But Trump became irritated by reporters who questioned why it had taken so long to make the donation, noting that Trump held the fundraiser for veterans all the way back in January.

“It seems to me you’re resistant to the kind of scrutiny that you get with running for president of the United States?” said CNN anchor Jim Acosta.

Trump responded: “I like scrutiny, but you know what when I raise money – excuse me excuse me, I’ve watched you on television and you’re real beauty – when I raise money for the veterans and it’s a massive amount of money, find out how much Hillary Clinton has given to the veterans, it’s nothing.

Not very presidential behavior, but we knew that already. Sound off in the comments.


Trump University Documents Unsealed

As part of a lawsuit seeking damages and accusing the company of fraud, a federal judge on Tuesday unsealed 381 pages of documents relating to the Trump University for-profit real estate program, reports The Hill:

The documents amount to the “playbooks” used by the company in convincing prospective students to join the program, which promised real-estate training blessed by Trump himself. But it soon found itself embroiled in controversy, with a number of students claiming that they had been misled. 

Trump’s political adversaries have seized on the controversy surrounding his real estate classes, where some students who paid upwards of $35,000 dismissed the program as a fraud. Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz lambasted Trump on the issue during the Republican primary, while Hillary Clinton has already begun to use the issue against the presumptive GOP nominee. 

This should be good.

Glenn Beck Suspended Over Guest’s Comments

Glenn Beck’s SiriusXM syndicated show was suspended this week after officials evaluated the program over comments made last week by one of the conservative talk show host’s guests, reports Politico:

Last week, fiction writer Brad Thor appeared on Beck’s program and suggested GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump was a danger to America and that citizens would have to take means that may not be legal in order to get Trump out of office. Beck did not immediately admonish or distance himself from the comments, leading to the suspension by SiriusXM.

“SiriusXM encourages a diversity of discourse and opinion on our talk programs. However, comments recently made by a guest on the independently produced Glenn Beck Program, in our judgement, may be reasonably construed by some to have been advocating harm against an individual currently running for office, which we cannot and will not condone. For that reason, we have suspended The Glenn Beck Program from our Patriot channel for the coming week and are evaluating its place in our lineup going forward. SiriusXM is committed to a spirited, robust, yet responsible political conversation and believes this action reflects those values,” the network said in a statement.

A spokesperson for Beck said the host had a previously scheduled vacation this week. Beck’s slot was filled on the Patriot channel by David Webb on Tuesday. His slot on his own network’s SiriusXM channel “The Blaze” was filled by Doc Thompson and Skip LaCombe.

In an interview with the “The Blaze” host Dana Loesch, Thor said there was “no threat.”

Do you agree? Sound off the comments.

SOURCE: The Hill, The Hill, Politico | VIDEO CREDIT: Inform

SEE ALSO:

Donald Trump Wanted White Vs. Black Apprentice

comments – Add Yours