She may be young, but Zendaya‘s not playing games.
The 19-year-old covers the July issue of Cosmopolitan. Inside the magazine, she opens up about the importance of love, her return to Disney, and the racial insensitivity she dealt with from one of her (former) publicists.
Check out the highlights below.
On starring in and co-producing K.C. Undercover for Disney:
“The only way I was going to come back to the Disney Channel was if I was in a position of more power. One thing that is really important to me is diversity on the channel. It’s hard as a young person of a different ethnicity or background to look at the TV and not see anyone who looks like you. Representation is very important.”
On why she had to fire her publicist:
“I didn’t like my hair and makeup one time on a photo shoot, and my publicist told me, ‘You should just be happy with it — they haven’t had a black girl on the cover since forever.’ She’s no longer my publicist.”
On love and casual hook-ups:
“Me, personally? I would much rather be in love and have the full experience with the person I’m doing that with. Everyone deserves to be in love — it’s different from when you’re with someone you don’t really know. But as long as you protect yourself and get tested periodically, then by all means, go ahead and do what you’ve got to do!”
On the 2016 election:
“There’s really crazy stuff happening right now, and it’s disappointing, sad, and scary. My generation, we really have to step up to the plate and vote. Tweeting is great — people say, ‘Oh, I don’t want this or that’ — but at the end of the day, tweeting isn’t a ballot. Just saying that you don’t like someone on Twitter is not going to turn a state blue or red. You have to vote.”
For more of Zendaya in Cosmo, click here.
SOURCE: Cosmopolitan | PHOTO CREDIT: Instagram
All Of Zendaya's Paris Fashion Week Looks
1. Is there any style she can't rock?Source:Getty 1 of 11
2. SLAY.Source:Getty 2 of 11
3. Posing at the Hunger Magazine event.Source:Getty 3 of 11
4. Styling.Source:Getty 4 of 11
5. Front row at Vivienne Westwood.Source:Getty 5 of 11
6. Young cover girls.Source:Getty 6 of 11
7. Zendaya attends Vogue's 95th Anniversary party.Source:Getty 7 of 11
8. Cornrows and designer clothes.Source:Getty 8 of 11
9. Don't do it to 'em...9 of 11
10. Showing love.Source:Getty 10 of 11
11. Show them how it's done.Source:Getty 11 of 11
Zendaya Spills The Real Reason She Had To Fire Her Publicist was originally published on globalgrind.com