The body of 2-year-old Lane Graves was found on Wednesday at around 1:45 p.m. local time. As previously reported, he indeed died as a result of the attack, with authorities listing drowning as the cause of death. His body, which was found intact, was turned over to the medical examiner’s office.
Since his disappearance, 5 gators have been captured and euthanized in an effort the ensure that the alligator responsible for the young boys death is no longer present in the park.
A Disney representative said at a news conference that the resort “is devastated by this accident.” There is no history of alligator attacks in the park up to this point.
A 2-year-old boy was snatched off the shore and dragged underwater by an alligator on Wednesday at Walt Disney World, causing the amusement park to close the beaches at its Florida resorts.
Dozens of rescuers searched a lagoon for the body of the boy, but they had no luck. According to authorities, the child is presumed dead. Wildlife officials removed four alligators from the water and cut them open, but they found no sign of the boy.
Officials say they planned to continue looking for the child’s body. Sheriff Jerry Demings announced, “This is very concerning to Disney. We’ll continue to search until we find the body. We’re going to be here throughout.”
Sheriff’s and state wildlife officials said the family of four from Nebraska was on vacation at the Seven Seas Lagoon at the Grand Floridian Hotel inside the Disney World resort around nightfall Tuesday when the child waded no more than one or two feet into the water and was snatched by the alligator. His father tried to save him, but was unsuccessful.
SOURCE: The Hollywood Reporter | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty | VIDEO SOURCE: Inform
UPDATE: Boy Snatched By Alligator At Disney World Has Been Found was originally published on globalgrind.com