“L.A. face with an Oakland booty,” the pregnant actress captioned an Instagram photo of her backside at the Cannes Film Festival.
But while Instagram users found the reference offensive, Sir Mix-A-Lot himself saw nothing wrong with it.
“I don’t think she’d wear that dress if she thought that booty is horrible — and to me, it ain’t horrible,” he told New York Daily News shortly after the uproar.
“I don’t get it at all. She’s saying she’s proud of her butt. I’m glad she embraced the look, because that’s what I wanted (with the song),” he continued. “If [what she’s] saying is, ‘I have this butt that Mix-A-Lot was talking about in ‘Baby Got Back,’’ that’s a good thing. She’s saying I’ve embraced this ideal of beautiful.”
And it looks like he was right. In a recent interview with Sway Calloway, the former Gossip Girl actress confirmed, “It’s something I was proud of … I was celebrating my body … It’s nice to have a nice curve and not look like you’re starving to death.”
Lively, who’s expecting her second child with husband Ryan Reynolds, was grateful for Sir Mix-A-Lot’s words. “He actually said a very nice thing, he was very defensive and kind,” she said Tuesday (June 21). “It’s just about celebrating women’s bodies, and that’s what I was doing.”
SOURCE: Us Weekly, Instagram | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
Booty! Ten Things To Know About Butt Implants
1. Booty! Ten Things to Know About Butt ImplantsSource:Getty 1 of 11
2. No Pain, No GainSource:Getty 2 of 11
3. They Can — and Probably Will — Disappear On YouSource:Getty 3 of 11
4. Unless You Use Actual FatSource:Getty 4 of 11
5. They're On the RiseSource:Getty 5 of 11
6. But Buyer BewareSource:Getty 6 of 11
7. They're Not Just for GirlsSource:Getty 7 of 11
8. Second ThoughtsSource:Getty 8 of 11
9. Thanks, LadiesSource:Getty 9 of 11
10. Ask for the Kim K. SpecialSource:Getty 10 of 11
11. It's Based On Science, Y'AllSource:Getty 11 of 11
Blake Lively Is Standing Behind Her ‘Oakland Booty’ Comment was originally published on globalgrind.com