As the heartbreaking news about the killing of Alton Sterling by police in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, continues to get noticed, celebrities have been reacting on social media.
“Great guy, big personality. CDs were his way to make income to support his family. Not a guy who would use violence at all. People from the city who have a voice should speak up. I’m sure Mayor Kip Holden and those guys are taking good care of things, but it’s important for people who come from there to show love,” said Davis.
Davis even added that Alton “wouldn’t hurt a fly.”
He also took to Instagram to post the video of the shooting and comment on how sad the situation is.
The shooting has sparked outrage and reignited the conversation about police brutality in America. The chilling video showed two cops body slamming Sterling against the hood of a car before flinging him to the pavement, after an anonymous caller claimed the father of three had a gun and had threatened him.
SOURCE: TMZ | IMAGE CREDIT: Getty, Instagram
Celebrities React To The Shooting Death Of Alton Sterling By Police
1. The world is outraged after a video surfaced on Tuesday night of a Baton Rouge, Louisiana police officer shooting and killing an unarmed Black man who was selling CDs outside of a Food Mart. Sterling was shot multiple times in the chest and back and died immediately.Source: 1 of 11
2. Zendaya was one of the first celebs to react on social media.Source: 2 of 11
3. Diggy Simmons shared his feelings on Twitter.Source: 3 of 11
4. NBA star John Wall simply tweeted Sterling’s name.Source: 4 of 11
5. D.L Hughley spoke out on cops wearing body cams.Source: 5 of 11
6. Activist Deray Mckesson shared his disbelief.Source: 6 of 11
7. Samira Wiley wants the media to “Say His Name.”Source: 7 of 11
8. Karrueche shared her condolences.Source: 8 of 11
9. Amy Schumer sent her love.Source: 9 of 11
10. NBA star Jeremy Lin expressed his frustration.Source: 10 of 11
11. Angie Martinez expressed her shock.Source: 11 of 11
Glen ‘Big Baby’ Davis On Alton Sterling: ‘He Wouldn’t Hurt A Fly’ was originally published on theurbandaily.com