With everything going on in today’s national news cycle, it’s a breath of fresh air that DMV’s hip-hop artist Noochie held nothing back with his new thought-provoking record “Jerome,” produced by RaRa and Mr. Williams.
On the track, the OY Music Group rapper narrates what some may consider to be a very “touchy subject matter” inspired by the recent police killings that took place last week, and the high rate of Black on Black crimes. Noochie speaks directly from the eyes of a young Black 21-year-old man who lives this story everyday.
Noochie has been leading the way as a young artist, creating music around some of the most important issues we all deal with today.
Props to Noochie for delivering a soundtrack to the day and age we live in. Listen to “Jerome” below.
5. Kevin Hart challenged his celeb friends to help make a change
5 of 21
6. Halle Berry shared a photo of her son, saying, "What will my brown son's future be? What will your brown son's future be? The uncertainty is real. I beg you not to be a bystander in this life, but to go out and find ways to make peaceful change. Our boys need us so rather than launching into deep sentiment here on this platform, I promise to find ways to get involved and help."
6 of 21
7. Danielle Brooks wants to know: What's going on?
11. Amber Rose shared an adorable photo of her son Sebastian, saying, "I woke up this morning to my beautiful son with such a heavy heart. I grabbed my baby and kissed him, hugged him, told him how beautiful his skin and hair is and let him know that one day he will be able to change the world and I will love him and accept him no matter what."
11 of 21
12. Ashanti spoke out on freedom.
12 of 21
13. Boris Kodjoe wants the answers.
13 of 21
14. Trey Songz ranted.
14 of 21
15. Usher has a question for the people.
15 of 21
16. Ms. Tina Knowles shared a pic of herself watching CNN, writing, "Oh my God ! This is horrible !! Please pray for the fallen officers, and the injured ones and their families. The violence has got to stop. Love not hate is the answer. No one has the right to take another persons life ! Not to take our black men's lives and not police officers either. "
16 of 21
17. Tyrese vented.
17 of 21
18. Nick Cannon addressed the former Congressman that threatened President Obama