According to an interview on The Murder Masta Show, Eminem‘s former bodyguard, Byron “Big Naz” Williams, claims that Suge Knight once tried to have Eminem killed. Williams said the incident took place at the 2001 Source Awards, which was infamous back then for its violence.
He says Eminem was forced to sit away from his bodyguards with other artists and fans: “That was our first encounter with Suge Knight and his henchman.” Williams continued, “Em was going to his seat. The way they had the seating was all messed up and the bodyguards couldn’t sit with the artists. I think that was by design ’cause I think they really wanted the artists to be able to network with each other, but it also gives people who got beef with other artists to get at them.”
Big Naz revealed that he noticed Eminem was “beefing with all these guys in red shirts [indicating that they were Bloods]… I had to bust through the middle man and snatch him up. Like, ‘Hey, man. What the hell’s going on up here?’ This is exactly what they said, ‘Death Row, motherf*cker. Death Row.’”
Ultimately, Naz and crew were able to save Slim Shady from the madness, but he says that Em was concerned about the entire experience.
Williams is currently promoting his book Shady Bizzness: Life as Marshall Mathers’ Bodyguard in an Industry of Paper Gangsters.
Suge Knight is still awaiting trial after being charged with murder and attempted murder following a fatal hit-and-run.
1. Suge has a laugh while participating in a little turn up.
1 of 32
2. The time he looked upset while taking a mugshot--rightfully so.
2 of 32
3. The time he seemed to be throwing shade while Tupac was not in the mood to take pics.
3 of 32
4. The time he looked genuinely perplexed.
4 of 32
5. The time he almost smiled for a pic.
5 of 32
6. The Death Row founder is seen minding his own business amidst a sea of photographers.
6 of 32
7. Sometimes a cubano is just that good.
7 of 32
8. The time he partied a little too hard.
8 of 32
9. The time he kept it cool while on the red carpet.
9 of 32
10. The time he rubbed shoulders with Benzino and Russell Simmons.
10 of 32
11. The time he almost threw up a peace sign.
11 of 32
12. When he got chummy and goofy with a lady friend.
12 of 32
13. The ironic moment he and Metta World Peace--then Ron Artest--threw up peace signs.
13 of 32
14. The time he thought he was too gangster to pull off a plaid shirt.
14 of 32
15. The time he helped his friend show off an ill chain.
15 of 32
16. The time he pointed to a guy.
16 of 32
17. And then did it again.
17 of 32
18. The time he was straight chillin'.
18 of 32
19. The time he finally showed off his pearly whites.
19 of 32
20. The time he did not understand.
20 of 32
21. The time he hung out and pointed at Kanye.
21 of 32
22. The time he winked at the camera.
22 of 32
23. The time he was just being Suge Knight.
23 of 32
24. The time he stared down his cigar.
24 of 32
25. And then was completely unbothered.
25 of 32
26. The time he cozied up to some ladies.
26 of 32
27. Then snuggled another lucky gal.
27 of 32
28. The time he towered over Jermaine Dupri.
28 of 32
29. The time he hung out with some brunettes.
29 of 32
30. Then played Santa to Tila Tequila.
30 of 32
31. The time he made this fashion choice.
31 of 32
32. The time he wore stripes.
32 of 32
Continue reading 34 Throwback Pics Of Suge Knight At His Least Threatening
34 Throwback Pics Of Suge Knight At His Least Threatening
Suge Knight's reputation usually precedes him — so much so that many people know more about his criminal history than his track record as a CEO.
The music exec has had a long history of menacing activity and is currently behind bars on an attempted murder charge. But it's not all guns and gangs with Suge. We rarely get to see the soft side of the father and businessman
Check out these throwback flicks of Suge Knight's least threatening moments.