Beauty “expert” Deepica Mutyala is on the path to redemption after a disastrous attempt at doing natural Black hair on The Today Show.
Earlier this month, Mutyala was invited to the daytime program to show the audience what’s hot and what’s not in current hairstyles. Today used three models (Asian, Black, and White) and left Malyia McNaughton, the Black woman, looking like who did it and ran?
Women watching were completely offended by the mismanagement of Malyia’s hair.
Watch the original video above.
After the horrifying segment, Deepica committed herself to learning about natural Black hair and attended a quick session hosted by friends. Malyia also returned for a little bad hair revenge. School is in session.
VIDEO SOURCE: Facebook | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
The Next Cut: The Hair Evolution Of Eve
1. Her vibrant, red 'do screams early 2000s.Source:Getty 1 of 10
2. When it comes to her hair...Source:Getty 2 of 10
3. Eve's never been scared to take risks.Source:Getty 3 of 10
4. Attending the first annual BET Awards.Source:Getty 4 of 10
5. And who could forget the look she rocked in the "Let Me Blow Ya Mind" music video?Source:Getty 5 of 10
6. One time, Eve switched it up and wore a combo of an up-do and a long braid.Source:Getty 6 of 10
7. Were you feeling her platinum blonde locks?Source:Getty 7 of 10
8. In recent years, she's worn her hair long and in different shades of brunette.Source:Getty 8 of 10
9. Is there any hair color that she can't pull off?Source:Getty 9 of 10
10. Still, a part of us will always miss the red.Source:Getty 10 of 10
Beauty Expert Redeems Herself After ‘Today Show’ Natural Hair Disaster was originally published on globalgrind.com