Gogo music is off-limits, Drake.
Drake’s taking his bad habit of cultural appropriation to new heights and fans in Washington, D.C. aren’t here for it. During his “Summer Sixteen” D.C. stop, Drake thought it was a good idea to perform a gogo version of his smash hit “One Dance.”
Not only was the gogo version of the song terrible, but the performance was cringe-worthy, as Drake tried to change the melody of the song to correlate with gogo’s famous drum rhythm.
Drake fans in D.C. took to Twitter to share their outrage and accused the Toronto native of appropriating their culture to gain acceptance and popularity.
SOURCE: Twitter | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
The Best I Ever Had: The Famous Women Drake Has Dated (PHOTOS)
1. RihannaSource:Getty 1 of 12
2. Serena WilliamsSource:Getty 2 of 12
3. Bernice BurgosSource:Splash News 3 of 12
4. Tika SumpterSource:Getty 4 of 12
5. Tyra BanksSource:Getty 5 of 12
6. Kat DenningsSource:Getty 6 of 12
7. Zoe KravitzSource:Getty 7 of 12
8. Maliah MichelSource:Getty 8 of 12
9. Dollicia BryanSource:Getty 9 of 12
10. Karrueche TranSource:Getty 10 of 12
11. Tatyana AliSource:Getty 11 of 12
12. Cyn SantanaSource:Getty 12 of 12
Drake Performed Gogo Version Of “One Dance” & D.C. Fans Hated It was originally published on globalgrind.com