Bryan “Birdman” Williams lost millions in a lawsuit against veteran songwriters he sampled music from, according to new reports.
In addition to the ongoing $51 million suit filed by his protegé Lil Wayne, the hip-hop mogul was being sued for $3.3 million after sampling music for two Cash Money songs, “You” and “Certified.” Ironically, “You” was a 2007 Lil Wayne and Lloyd collaboration that peaked at number 9 on Billboard’s Hot 100 Chart.
Lil Wayne and Cash Money sampled some obscure tracks for the songs, “You” and “Certified.” Seems Cash Money shorted the songwriters — ironically exactly what Wayne claims Birdman did to him in a separate, multi-million dollar lawsuit. Birdman and Cash Money now have to pay the piper … to the tune of $3.3 mil.
Clearly, there still isn’t enough respek on Birdman’s name – but you win some, you lose some, right? Leave your thoughts below.
PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
Father & Son: 13 Photos Of Lil Wayne & Birdman In Great Spirits
1. Because bros have each other's backs.Source:Getty 1 of 13
2. Because bros hit the stage together.Source:Getty 2 of 13
3. Because bros tell each other jokes.Source:Getty 3 of 13
4. Because bros pose for pics together.Source:Getty 4 of 13
5. Because bros style on 'em in photo shoots.Source:Getty 5 of 13
6. Because bros shine together.Source:Splash 6 of 13
7. Because bros give bros hugs.Source:Getty 7 of 13
8. Because bros squash the beef no matter what.Source:Getty 8 of 13
9. Because bros make hits together.Source:Getty 9 of 13
10. Because bros rap together.Source:Getty 10 of 13
11. Because bros bury their beef.11 of 13
12. Because bros endure boring events together.Source:Getty 12 of 13
13. Because bros give each other props.Source:Getty 13 of 13
No Respek: Birdman Just Lost Millions In A Lawsuit was originally published on globalgrind.com