Bryan “Birdman” Williams lost millions in a lawsuit against veteran songwriters he sampled music from, according to new reports.
In addition to the ongoing $51 million suit filed by his protegé Lil Wayne, the hip-hop mogul was being sued for $3.3 million after sampling music for two Cash Money songs, “You” and “Certified.” Ironically, “You” was a 2007 Lil Wayne and Lloyd collaboration that peaked at number 9 on Billboard’s Hot 100 Chart.
Lil Wayne and Cash Money sampled some obscure tracks for the songs, “You” and “Certified.” Seems Cash Money shorted the songwriters — ironically exactly what Wayne claims Birdman did to him in a separate, multi-million dollar lawsuit. Birdman and Cash Money now have to pay the piper … to the tune of $3.3 mil.
Clearly, there still isn’t enough respek on Birdman’s name – but you win some, you lose some, right? Leave your thoughts below.
PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
Father & Son: 13 Photos Of Lil Wayne & Birdman In Great Spirits
1. Because bros have each other's backs.1 of 12
2. Because bros hit the stage together.2 of 12
3. Because bros tell each other jokes.3 of 12
4. Because bros pose for pics together.4 of 12
5. Because bros style on 'em in photo shoots.5 of 12
6. Because bros shine together.6 of 12
7. Because bros give bros hugs.7 of 12
8. Because bros squash the beef no matter what.8 of 12
9. Because bros make hits together.9 of 12
10. Because bros rap together.10 of 12
11. Because bros endure boring events together.11 of 12
12. Because bros give each other props.12 of 12
No Respek: Birdman Just Lost Millions In A Lawsuit was originally published on globalgrind.com