Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg is not a fan of Colin Kaepernick‘s National Anthem protest.
The 83-year-old judge said Kaepernick and others who refuse to salute the flag are “dumb and disrespectful” during an interview with Yahoo!.
The judge said, “I would have the same answer if you asked me about flag burning. I think it’s a terrible thing to do.” She went on to add, “I wouldn’t lock a person up for doing it.”
She continued: “I would point out how ridiculous it seems to me to do such an act. But it’s dangerous to arrest people for conduct that doesn’t jeopardize the health or well-being of other people. It’s a symbol they’re engaged in… If they want to be stupid, there’s no law that should be preventive. If they want to be arrogant, there’s no law that prevents them from that. What I would do is strongly take issue with the point of view that they are expressing when they do that.”
The social media community and other celebrities, including Ne-Yo, came to Kaepernick’s defense after Ginsburg’s comments went public Monday morning.
In addition to his protest, Kaepernick has announced that he will be donating $1,000,000 from his salary to various organizations.
SOURCE: Yahoo | PHOTO CREDIT: Twitter, Harry How/Getty
Stirring Photos Of The Black Lives Matter Protests In Baton Rouge
1. Baton Rouge Protests1 of 15
2. Baton Rouge Protests2 of 15
3. Baton Rouge Protests3 of 15
4. Baton Rouge Protests4 of 15
5. Baton Rouge Protests5 of 15
6. Baton Rouge Protests6 of 15
7. Baton Rouge Protests7 of 15
8. Baton Rouge Protestors8 of 15
9. Baton Rouge Protestors9 of 15
10. Baton Rouge Protests10 of 15
11. Baton Rouge Protests11 of 15
12. Baton Rouge Protests12 of 15
13. Baton Rouge Protests13 of 15
14. Baton Rouge Protests14 of 15
15. Baton Rouge Protests15 of 15
Supreme Court Judge Calls Kaepernick’s Protest ‘Dumb & Disrespectful’ was originally published on globalgrind.com