Those selected after interview process will receive training, apprenticeship position with DDOT working on buses
The Detroit Department of Transportation (DDOT) is seeking individuals interested in being trained as diesel mechanics. The hiring effort is part of DDOT’s effort to continually improve its bus service to keep the city’s buses in good working order.
To support this effort, the Detroit Employment Solutions Corporation (DESC) will host a recruitment event to select candidates for a free, 16-week apprenticeship training program at Wayne County Community College District.
Tuesday, October 18, 2016. Check in: 8:30- 9:00AM or 1:30- 2:00PM.
9301 Michigan Avenue, Detroit
Check-in time: 8:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. (No admittance after 9:00 A.M.)
OR 1:30 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. (No admittance after 2:00 p.m.)
Candidates must wear business attire (no jeans/gym shoes). This is a first level interview. Capacity is limited. Durations of recruitment events vary, so candidates should plan their time accordingly.
- An interest in participating in a long-term apprenticeship training program.
- Must submit to a drug screen and background check
- Must be able to pass a math and reading assessment, manual dexterity, and mechanical reasoning test
- Must have a valid driver’s license and the ability to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License with airbrakes endorsement along with a passenger endorsement
- High School Diploma and or GED
All applicants are required to bring:
· Your valid (non-expired) state-issued ID or Driver’s License
· Your Social Security card
· A copy of your DD214 or letter from the VA if you are a veteran
· Proof of public assistance income like an award letter from DHS or Social Security
· Proof of any income earned from a job in the past 6 months (check stub)
· A copy of your layoff notice or Unemployment documentation, if you are laid off
· Several copies of your resume