A family fun day will kick-off at 12 p.m. Nov. 19 with video games, face painting and more
James Thrower, Jr. will celebrate the grand re-opening of his newly designed McDonald’s restaurant with a private reception from 9 to 11 a.m. Friday, Nov. 18 located at 1101 Springwells St. in southwest Detroit. The event will include local community and business leaders as well as McDonald’s regional staff, managers and crew.
A formal ribbon cutting ceremony will take place at 9:30 a.m. with a special performance by the drum line from Voyageur College Preparatory High School. To commemorate the grand re-opening, Thrower will make donations to the Voyageur Academy Parent Community Organization and COMPÁS (Center of Music and Performing Arts Southwest). The doors open to the public at 11 a.m. with the first 250 dine-in customers receiving a commemorative mug. No purchase necessary, while supplies last.
“We are proud to unveil our dynamic redesigned restaurant to the Southwest Detroit community,” said Thrower. “It is humbling to be a destination for neighbors and families who are looking for a great meal at an affordable price. We look forward to our customers enjoying the many updates we’ve made inside and surrounding the restaurant.”
On Saturday, Nov. 19, a family fun day will kick off at noon with FREE video games until 4 p.m. via a McDonald’s-branded Hummer with game stations and LED monitors. Beginning at 1 p.m., COMPÁS will have two live performances by belly dance and tap dance students. From 4 to 6 p.m., a children’s face painter will entertain kids, and Channel 955 will broadcast live from the restaurant with a special appearance by Joey from the Mojo in the Morning Show.
On Saturday, Nov. 19 only, customers can enjoy a 10-piece Chicken McNuggets® for $1.99. Other grand re-opening promotions through Dec. 31 include:
- Mondays – 2 for $4 Sausage McMuffin® with Egg
- Tuesdays – $3.13 Special: 6-piece Chicken McNuggets with Small Fries and Small Soft Drink
- Wednesdays – $3.99 Big Mac Extra Value Meal®
- Thursdays – $3.13 Special: Triple Cheeseburger with Small Fries and Small Soft Drink
- Fridays – $3.99 Filet-O-Fish® Extra Value Meal
- Saturdays – FREE cone with the purchase of any Extra Value Meal
- Sundays – $1 Hotcakes
- Everyday Values – $1.99 Happy Meal from 4 to 7 p.m.; $1 Any Size Soft Drinks or McCafé Coffee; McPick 2 for $2.50: 4-piece Chicken McNuggets, Small Fries, Sundae
Highlights of the remodeled restaurant include soft cushion seating, high-top tables, comfortable lighting, free Wi-Fi, updated décor throughout and a new Play Place. Additional restaurant updates include exterior landscaping that complements