A new poll released Monday confirms that lots of folks are going to miss President Obama. His approval ratings are the highest they’ve been since his decisive 2012 reelection, where he bested former governor Mitt Romney in both the electoral college and the popular vote.
CBS News reports that 50 percent of those surveyed in the recent Quinnipiac poll approve of Obama compared with 43 percent who disapprove. This is President Obama’s highest approval rating since shortly after being reelected: a December 2012 Quinnipiac poll found him with 53 percent approval.
All of the news is not great, though. Voters are split on whether President Obama has been a good president, though slightly more say he has been a “great” president (22 percent) or “good” president (33 percent) than those who say he has been a “not so good” president (23 percent) or a “bad” president (22 percent).
Just 27 percent said they are “very satisfied” or “somewhat satisfied” with the way things are going in the country today, compared with 72 percent who say they are “somewhat dissatisfied” or “very dissatisfied.”
Though almost half of voters say President Obama’s policies have helped the nation’s economy—just one-fifth of those surveyed said Obama’s policies have helped them personally. By contrast, 33 percent say his policies have hurt them personally, while 44 percent say the policies have made no difference in their lives.
The election of Donald Trump proves that “establishment” politicians are not the most popular folks in the world these days; the recent Quinnipiac poll reinforces this. About 38 percent of those polled hold a favorable view of all elected Republicans, while 50 percent have an unfavorable view. For Democrats, it’s 35 percent favorable, 56 percent unfavorable.
SOURCE: CBS News
10 Reasons We Are Thankful For President Barack Obama
1. We’ll never forget the moment President Obama said Trayvon Martin could have been his son.
1 of 10
2. And let’s not forget President Obama was the man behind capturing and killing Al-Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden.
2 of 10
3. He also rejoiced when the Supreme Court ruled in favor of protecting same-sex marriage.
3 of 10
4. He always gets his hands a little dirty.
4 of 10
5. Remember when the Prez danced to Drake’s “Hotline Bling”?
5 of 10
6. He genuinely, wholeheartedly, loves the kids.
6 of 10
7. Plus, he’s all about b-ball.
7 of 10
8. He made two of our favorite players the happiest men on Earth.
8 of 10
9. … And what a beautiful example for men on how to treat the ladies in your life.
9 of 10
10. There will never be another as suave as President Obama & for that alone, we’re thankful.
10 of 10