A Black Michigan man filed suit against local police after they tied him to a chair and beat him so severely he permanently lost his vision in one eye. According to reports, Frankie Taylor was arrested on a DUI charge in August of 2015. He was being processed by officers in the Eastpointe Police Department outside of Detroit when he was restrained in a chair by several officers, and struck repeatedly as he cried out in pain before eventually falling unconscious, Raw Story reports.
Luckily for Taylor, cameras caught the entire brutal incident on video. He told reporters, “The guy hit me so many times, it made me cry once I seen the tape I was knocked out.” In the clip, one officer yells “stop resisting” and “If you keep acting like a child, you’re going to get strapped in that chair and you’re going to stay there” as he continued to hit Taylor profusely.
Reports say Taylor was not given medical attention following the beating, and was instead booked into the county jail. He was eventually admitted to a hospital, where he underwent surgery for injuries to his eye. Jim Rasor, the victim’s attorney, claims Taylor is now suffering from permanent vision loss in one eye and partial vision loss in the other eye. He is suing the Eastpointe police, as well as the officers involved in the arrest.
Rasor told reporters, “You want to protect people from this type of brutality by police forces. White folks were allowed to use the phone by police officers; even one who had urinated in his pants was allowed to use the phone. Frankie Taylor wasn’t, and the only difference is that Frankie Taylor happens to be African-American.”
Taylor’s federal suit seeks both compensation for the attack, as well as punitive damages from the officers involved. Although the amount he’s seeking hasn’t been disclosed, Rasor says that whatever his client will seek would be “substantial and appropriate.”
Check out the brutal video above.
SOURCE: Raw Story
Stirring Photos Of The Black Lives Matter Protests In Baton Rouge
1. Baton Rouge ProtestsSource: 1 of 15
2. Baton Rouge ProtestsSource: 2 of 15
3. Baton Rouge ProtestsSource: 3 of 15
4. Baton Rouge ProtestsSource: 4 of 15
5. Baton Rouge ProtestsSource: 5 of 15
6. Baton Rouge ProtestsSource: 6 of 15
7. Baton Rouge ProtestsSource: 7 of 15
8. Baton Rouge ProtestorsSource: 8 of 15
9. Baton Rouge ProtestorsSource: 9 of 15
10. Baton Rouge ProtestsSource: 10 of 15
11. Baton Rouge ProtestsSource: 11 of 15
12. Baton Rouge ProtestsSource: 12 of 15
13. Baton Rouge ProtestsSource: 13 of 15
14. Baton Rouge ProtestsSource: 14 of 15
15. Baton Rouge ProtestsSource: 15 of 15
WTF? Two Michigan Cops Caught On Tape Beating A Black Man Until He Went Blind was originally published on globalgrind.com