Marie Claire admits that Hollywood is “in need of a reset” and has named their 2018 ‘Fresh Faces’ class of women. For their 5th Annual Fresh Faces party, they will be celebrating Issa Rae, Yara Shahidi and more.
Issa Rae is celebrated and gives us bright and bold makeup looks done by her makeup artists, Joanna Simkin. She’s wearing Céline and Burberry and her 80’s style earrings are by Jennifer Fisher.
i ASPIRE to be as black and authentic as Issa Rae (@issarae). Most profound piece advice from her is that we should be networking across: "Who's next to you? Who's struggling? Who's in the trenches with you? Who's just as hungry as you are? And those are the people that you need to build with." Image Credit cc: @marieclairemag What’s your i? #iblankk
This purple lip is reflecting the royalty and culture queen that she is.
Rae’s makeup looks are on point and no surprise as she’s a Cover Girl ambassador. In addition to a purple lip, she gives this bright pink lip, too.
Issa Rae discusses some of the best parts of success, “I’m happy and grateful to be in a position where I can want to see something, and then support the people who are telling stories I want to see.”
Grown-ish star Yara Shahidi is also celebrated by Marie Claire. The actress wears a Chanel 2018 look for her photo and her curls are popping. She gives us her signature nude lip.
She talks about turning 18 and voting, stating, “Even when you reach voting age, there are so few resources that are non-partisan in which you can develop your own political opinions. My ultimate goal is to turn the passions and interests we have into policy change.”
In addition to Rae and Shahidi, the magazine highlighted Riley Keough, Katherine Langford, and Sophie Turner.
GET THE LOOK: Issa Rae Shines In Diane Von Furstenburg Dress For Cover Girl Panel
Issa Rae's Best Red Carpet Looks Through The Years
1. Issa at the BAFTA tea party in 2018Source:WENN 1 of 15
2. Issa Rae at the Golden Globes HBO After PartySource:Getty 2 of 15
3. Issa Rae at the 2017 MTV Movie AwardsSource:Getty 3 of 15
4. Issa Rae at the Paley Center in April 2017Source:Getty 4 of 15
5. Issa Rae at the 2017 Pre-Oscar GalaSource:Getty 5 of 15
6. Issa Rae at the 75th Annual Golden GlobesSource:Getty 6 of 15
7. Issa Rae at the Vulture FestivalSource:WENN 7 of 15
8. At An InStyle Luncheon in November 2017Source:Getty 8 of 15
9. At the 69th Annual PrimeTime Emmy AwardsSource:Getty 9 of 15
10. 2017 Black Girls Rock!Source:Getty 10 of 15
11. 2017 BET Awards in JuneSource:Getty 11 of 15
12. 74th Annual Golden Globe AwardsSource:Getty 12 of 15
13. The 2017 Golden Globes After PartySource:Getty 13 of 15
14. At the 2015 BET AwardsSource:Getty 14 of 15
15. At a 2015 screening for the LA Film FestivalSource:Getty 15 of 15
Marie Claire Names Issa Rae And Yara Shahidi Two Of Their New ‘Fresh Faces’ was originally published on hellobeautiful.com