- Date/time: July 27th, 6:00pm to 9:00pm
- Venue: 3 Fifty Terrence
- Address: 350 Madison, Detroit, MI
Nine non–profit Black professional associations will join forces on Friday, July 27 at 3Fifty Terrace in downtown Detroit to hold their first annual Give Back, Kick Back Summer Charity Social. The event aims to foster community and inclusion among Black professionals in the region and to honor Building Better Men (B2M), a local Detroit mentorship program for young men to take charge of their lives. Tickets are $25 per person with hors-d’oeuvres included. The event will run from 6 P.M. to 9 P.M. Net proceeds will go to Building Better Men.
As Detroit and the metro area experience an influx of new investment and residency, newcomers arrive to the area seeking opportunities both professionally and socially during a nation–wide battle for talent attraction and retention. Local governments, companies, and community organizations all have their hands full creating tools, spaces, and opportunities to foster the social inclusion and connectivity that allows people to grow roots in the area and stay.
After seven successful years of their annual Toys for Tots Holiday Mixer, the Detroit Black Affinity Professionals coalition is expanding its efforts to give opportunity for Black talent to feel a sense of community. The coalition is bringing their first annual summer charity social to life as an event for professionals of all ages and backgrounds. Each attendee will experience food, games, and a unique opportunity to meet new like–minded individuals, connect with key leaders of organizations and engage with the associations to get plugged into interests or industries of interest to them.
Hosting organizations include:
• Black Young Professionals of Metro Detroit (BYP)
• Wolverine Bar Association (WBA)
• National Black MBA Association Detroit Chapter (NBMBAA)
• National Black Data Processing Associates – Detroit Chapter (BDPA-Detroit)
• National Society of Black Engineers Detroit Professionals (NSBE)
• Urban Financial Services Coalition – Detroit Chapter (UFSC Detroit)
• National Association of African Americans in Human Resources (NAAAHR)
• National Association of Black Accountants (NABA)
• National Association of Minority Consulting Engineers (NAMCE)
For tickets and information visit BlackSummerDetroit.com.